JORBA article in the Star Ledger

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
One yes for me..

This machine is a good thing. I spoke with Mick at length about the use and impact that this thing creates.

Yes it might leave a footprint that is slightly wider than the singletrack that we love but in the end you can put in more trail a lot faster.

I recently rode the trail in Fairmont park that the IMBA crew built with one of these machines. It is a bit wide (for now) but once the vegetation comes back it will leave behind some very fun single track.

Keep in mind that many of the single-track trails we ride were once quad trails and even double tracks. As nature does it's thing we are left with single-track.

I for one would love to be trained in the use of such a machine. I know that many people might resist such a tool but I believe it to be for the best .

It clearly isn't for every park and every type of trail but for the right spot you can get a ton of work done in a hurry.

I can see moving around 500 lb rocks as a very good use of this tool.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
On the list...

J will make sure you are on the list for this. Likely to be sometime in early spring. There will be an e-mail going out (JORBA list) again on those that are intrested.

Bob W.

Top Bottom