Jockey Hill

Is this worth the 2 hour drive or more of a destination to hit while going through to another place?

Also, is Onteora Lake technically separate or do you guys loop this in together?

Hmm. On the bubble. Could ride JH for 2 days and have fun. I have not ridden OL but DVW indicates that it is really good. He rode it with Clockwork Ben. Next time I am up that way, I plan to hit OL. I think I will make my next trip 2 days and camp out. That seems fun. Also, could eaisly be combined with a Slate Valley trip. I tried to do that this summer but the rain killed it so I rode Stewarts instead where it was not raining. All good 😀

Sorry. There is a trail that connects JH and OL called South Central. JH is pretty well marked. Last time I was there years ago; nothing was marked…

Good stuff, on RADAR.

I also have that Mount Anthony system in SW VT on my punch list of parks to try.

Is this worth the 2 hour drive or more of a destination to hit while going through to another place?

Also, is Onteora Lake technically separate or do you guys loop this in together?
The first loop I did was to the lake, or close enough to it before I noticed my tire pissing sealant and turned around. I was staying in the area anyway so it was perfect but they're very well built trails; lots of flow, good climbs, trails are named and numbered. From where I parked you can could keep riding loops for hours, I think it's definitely worth it if you're passing through or staying nearby. As far as making a special 2 hour trip, I'm on the fence. But you could make a day out of it.

The first loop I did was to the lake, or close enough to it before I noticed my tire pissing sealant and turned around. I was staying in the area anyway so it was perfect but they're very well built trails; lots of flow, good climbs, trails are named and numbered. From where I parked you can could keep riding loops for hours, I think it's definitely worth it if you're passing through or staying nearby. As far as making a special 2 hour trip, I'm on the fence. But you could make a day out of it.
And you could throw in Ferncliffe in Rhinebeck...

Back
Top Bottom