Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
IMG_20190823_162205_617.jpg

I took a bunch of photos and will post as I go through them. It's a lot to process and the brain is fuzzy on the order of events. I have the GPS function turned on my camera so I can look back and see the time, place, and see them all laid out on a map. It's like taking notes. Sometimes I'll just take the camera and click the button in my pocket so I can remember a town name or mileage.

This pic above was taken during the section between Mortagne and Druex. The sun was coming up, there was a fog on the road, and this guy rides past me with his arms out making airplane noises. I was taking a picture of the sunrise and he just rode into frame. I quickly put the camera back in my pocket, sprinted to him, and rode by faster pretending to be an airplane too. 85 hours on the bike does something to you, but it was what we both needed at the time.

Steve Vai

I've been sick with a respiratory infection since I got back. Totally worth it of course.

The only other bothersome leftover is a somewhat painful right foot. It never bothered me on the bike but did while walking around. I'm not designed to walk around.

Steve Vai

What about the silk road race? Looks pretty nuts...

It's not something I'm interested in at the moment, but that's been known to change.

My teammate David is twisting my arm hard to do Trans-Am next year. Again, not super into it, but who knows.

I got a brochure for a 1500k ride through Norway and other up there countries that looks incredible. Also doing Trans Iceland is on the short list.

Top Bottom