Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the new 45rth Baklava Balaclava.

3F777580-BB24-4003-BE75-5361AC95DC9F.jpeg

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
Gear post #3. Specialized Centro Winter helmet to test along with the new 45rth Baklava Balaclava.

Seems many winter Ultra riders skip helmets in favor of just hats and such, rationale is that the speeds are much slower and so helmet not as important. I would tend to agree, except for when on ice where you could be very likely to fall and hit your head. ...your thoughts.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
why the tape?
why in a line, rather than hexagonal pack? (chemistry thing, minimizes space)

1548898277586.png

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I'm still looking for something hot that doesn't take up much space. So far these win. Also, getting salt in ultras is a huge plus, that's why I eat peanut butter pretzels.

My light and nutrient dense wilderness camping standby. Place one cup of instant oats, 2 tablespoons of pb2, a pinch of Morton’s Light Salt, a pinch of sea salt in a ziplock bag. PB2 is not sweet so if you can’t take the taste you can add a “sugar in the raw” packet or two. You can also add some freeze dried banana or apple chips if you feel fancy.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
My light and nutrient dense wilderness camping standby. Place one cup of instant oats, 2 tablespoons of pb2, a pinch of Morton’s Light Salt, a pinch of sea salt in a ziplock bag. PB2 is not sweet so if you can’t take the taste you can add a “sugar in the raw” packet or two. You can also add some freeze dried banana or apple chips if you feel fancy.

This sounds like a good idea. Instant oatmeal is in my kit as well because it packs well and is easy. When you're cold and hungry, anything tastes amazing!!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
is that for riding or for when you have to make camp?

if its for riding do you supplement with anything else?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
is that for riding or for when you have to make camp?

if its for riding do you supplement with anything else?

For riding. That's my main light. In the snow you don't need too many Lumens. Not to mention being somewhere in the world without this much air pollution.

Top Bottom