Going Long and Hard.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh Shit! I saw my cousin in that video! I admit it, I am part guido. Strawberry Patch anyone? (Only a select few will recognize this reference).

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I'd have to buy a wig so I can get cool Dragon Ball-Z hair. I already have a ton of wife beaters:D

-Jim.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jim, Marc just told me about your fall. Wow... that really sucks. I hope you have another hobby to keep you busy. Maybe you can give your time to JORBA or something. Im glad your not in to much pain. Talk to you soon son, Grampa:puke::puke::puke:

Steve Vai

Jim, Marc just told me about your fall. Wow... that really sucks. I hope you have another hobby to keep you busy. Maybe you can give your time to JORBA or something. Im glad your not in to much pain. Talk to you soon son, Grampa:puke::puke::puke:

Thanks Grampy. Unfortunately, all of my hobbies use my arm:D

-Jim.

Steve Vai

Plan B? While I'm still not so sure what this years MTB season will hold for me upon my return, I'd hate to not use all the fitness I've aquired. My numbers at this point are very good, I'm stronger now than last year before I crashed, and by quite a bit. I've stopped posting my numbers and rides through the months because I'd like to keep those numbers between myself, my coach, and my training buddies. I've also spent a HUGE amount of time on the MTB during base, almost 50% of my training hours, and it's paid off in spades. I've been able to replicate all of my road records from last year, on the SuperFly:D

So I've already throw down the idea of doing more TTs. It seems like a safer way to race without risking injury before my arm is 100%. One of my sponsors is very excited about that and has graciously offered to set me up with everything I'd need. I told him I'd like to race my S3 when it comes in with the Eddy class but he seems to think I'd be competitive with the big guys, I'm not so sure. But then again, I've never had the highest self-confidence:eek:

I'm going back to my doctor on monday and he'll let me know if it's a cast, or surgery...If it's a cast, I'm having my arm set palm down so I can ride;)

-Jim.

NJ Jess

you're crazy

But you are a warrior. I do hope the arm,...and body heal quickly. Please add a Multi-Trace Mineral to your supplement regime. The one your need to look for is strontium. It's needed to creat more bone. Most people have enough of it, but I suspect you need more under the current conditions. Good Luck.

Steve Vai

Please add a Multi-Trace Mineral to your supplement regime. The one your need to look for is strontium. It's needed to creat more bone. Most people have enough of it, but I suspect you need more under the current conditions. Good Luck.

I got this stuff...

24780_1423274303828_1291834825_1229424_7974216_n.jpg

I'm not great with what's in this kinda stuff. I currently take a Veggie multivitamin, Calcium supplement, and Emergen-C everyday...I'm hoping this bone stuff will help a bit, I should take Pixy's advice and have a density test done as well...I've broken a ton of bones through the years, but I think more than not this one is only because I didn't wait long enough:rolleyes:

-Jim.

RNG1

That stuff looks more interesting than the grow your own blueberry plant I was thinking of getting.

Steve Vai

Snap, crackle, POP!!

26961_1427680133971_1291834825_1240482_3418758_n.jpg

Looks a whole lot like last week doesn't it? Nothing's changed, at all. My doctor still wants to see if it'll heal on it's own before cutting me. We did discuss the cutting part today though. It's pretty straight forward. He re-opens my old scar and takes out all the old stuff. Then I get a new cut along my tricep to have a new plate put in lower down. We can't do a rod in this case because once he takes the top plate out, my humeral head will look like Swiss Cheese and be very easy to break...So we wait...Again...:D

-Jim.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
26961_1427680133971_1291834825_1240482_3418758_n.jpg

Looks a whole lot like last week doesn't it? Nothing's changed, at all.

-Jim.

Geez, Jim. Don't they need to get the bone pieces a little closer together for them to heal? Maybe they can push the sides together and fill the crack with Gorilla glue.

mwlikesbikes

You need some carbon fiber bones already!
Just get a shitload if duct tape, some crazy glue and you'll be fine. :rolleyes:

Get better son-shine, the trails miss you.:cry:

Steve Vai

Geez, Jim. Don't they need to get the bone pieces a little closer together for them to heal? Maybe they can push the sides together and fill the crack with Gorilla glue.

I would think so, but he says it could do it, and being the blind optimist I am, I'll go with that. Being a car geek I'd rather use Bondo to fill the gap, and I'm actually surprised such a thing doesn't exist. What about dental fillings? Goop some stuff in there, hit it with that weird light thing, BAM!!

I saw the blueberry plant on TV. I almost got one and then decided I'll just go buy some instead:D

-Jim.

Top Bottom