Going Long and Hard.

A couple more weeks and I'll be able to flip my Stumpy, Crux, and Vado. I think this is going to be my next MTB (obviously stripped and loaded with Sram goodies)

View attachment 201668

Awesome bike! Much more solid/capable than what its svelte figure suggests. I got one last year that went out in the fire and this year, thanks to a big discount from Specialized, I built another frame.

IMG_0195.jpeg

Spec Epic Evo.jpeg

And then we got this in today 😍

20221208_110011.jpg

We have all 4 in stock now so it will come down to how much I can sell my Crux frameset for. I've never seen another S-Works in the shop or in the wild and Specialized hasn't had them in stock since they were introduced. Might get lucky and bypass the bike market crash just because of how rare it is...

And then we got this in today 😍

View attachment 201829

We have all 4 in stock now so it will come down to how much I can sell my Crux frameset for. I've never seen another S-Works in the shop or in the wild and Specialized hasn't had them in stock since they were introduced. Might get lucky and bypass the bike market crash just because of how rare it is...

Yep, the S-Works are very hard to come by! The first one I got it as a full bike from a Spec-sponsored rider. The second one, through a favor from the Spec Boulder Experience Center manager, who tracked down the last M frame in Brushed Black/Liquid Metal in the US and negotiated an exception so they could ship it to me from Austin.

Last edited:
Yep, the S-Works are very hard to come by! The first one I got it as a full bike from a Spec-sponsored rider. The second one, through a favor from the Spec Boulder Experience Center manager, who tracked down the last M frame in Brushed Black/Liquid Metal in the US and negotiated an exception so they could ship it to me from Austin.

Yeah. We have a Medium in the Northeast that I might be able to get my hands on, this S-Works is a Large (thankfully 🤣)

I sold one about a year ago. That's the only one I saw in real life.

Speaking about how rare is to see these bikes around/how few of them are, a funny anecdote. During a bikepacking race last year I was chasing a rider for half a day, seeing him/her only in the distance. I finally caught him right at the highest point of the course and he had exactly the same bike (S-Works Epic Evo), in the same color! We took pictures of each other with our bikes but it didn't occur to me/us to take of pic of both bikes, duh. To keep adding weird coincidences, when I emailed the Specialized manager that helped me get a new EE frame, I included a pic of my previous bike and he replied with a pic of his bike, also the same as mine down to the color, and the pic was taken at the same place as my other EE encounter!

Nice Long day with Dee. We rode the D&L from Washington's Crossing to Easton and back. Trail was squishy in some spots. We both hit the deck pretty hard during the last bypass before New Hope. Black Ice across the road. Definitely gonna be sore tomorrow.

PSX_20221210_185118.jpg

PSX_20221210_184945.jpg

strava4839591178679872875.jpg

Back
Top Bottom