Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Changed my mind and prepped Stormy instead. Not really sure what the trail looks like and I might be on the road a lot. And my Panniers fit. I need somewhere to put poofy things. It's gonna be mid 40's tomorrow, 2 degrees Saturday, then 30's and rain Sunday 🥳

20220113_075529.jpg

Steve Vai

Hard conditions out there today. Trail was a combination of mud and ice. Headwind was stiff all day so effort was higher than I planned for. I stopped in Easton instead of Jim Thorpe and will adjust the loop accordingly. That's about 30 miles I have to cut. I could go north as planned or cut straight up to the McDade and do an out/back to Stroudsburg. 3rd day will be back on the original route...

PSX_20220114_191719.jpg

Steve Vai

I lollygagged a bit this morning and then headed straight up 611 to Stroudsburg. Same as yesterday with a stiff headwind, but colder. As I got further up it got pretty icy, even the river is frozen so McDade is out. They have a pool here, I'm going swimming.

PSX_20220115_141921.jpg

Steve Vai

Long, slippery day to button this thing up. 7 hours moving but I had to walk a bunch of sections that were too icy to ride. 9+ hours all in. Finally started feeling normal by the end so hopefully it helps get my fitness to where I was pre back injury and Galvatron.

PSX_20220116_131233.jpg

20220116_113422.jpg

Top Bottom