Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Route announced for Unbound...

Screenshot_20210502-165255_Drive.jpg

Steve Vai

That map sucks so I converted it to RWGPS and started Google Stalking refill points. This is a rough draft but looks like there's 6 spots in 357 miles, the longest is the stretch between Eldrige (mile 40) and Alma (mile 118). Actually, looking at this again it looks like they're all about the same distance.

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.32.48 AM.png

Also, the elevation profile looks horrible, but there really isn't any actual climbing. That first bump is like 500 feet of gain over 35 miles. Now that CtC is over I'll swap back to the SS for the month to re-acclimate...

20210503_084056.jpg

serviceguy

That map sucks so I converted it to RWGPS and started Google Stalking refill points. This is a rough draft but looks like there's 6 spots in 357 miles, the longest is the stretch between Eldrige (mile 40) and Alma (mile 118). Actually, looking at this again it looks like they're all about the same distance.

View attachment 156991

Also, the elevation profile looks horrible, but there really isn't any actual climbing. That first bump is like 500 feet of gain over 35 miles. Now that CtC is over I'll swap back to the SS for the month to re-acclimate...

View attachment 156992
20210503_084056.jpg

FTFY before the PC police comes to get you.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor

Steve Vai

I’ve seen that tire brand with a similar pattern tread come across on the old IG feed for months now. Looking forward to the verdict post (inset name) XL.😉

These are what Lael and Ted King use so, they have to be good? I've been selling the Rando tires this year and they're amazing. My co-worker, who thinks he can win the 200, is using the Steilacoons. I want something with more tread than a Gravel King SK, which I love here, but the gravel in the state formerly known as Kansas is a bit rougher I hear. We just hired a kid from the state formerly known as Kansas so we have inside intel now :)

Steve Vai

I've heard similar. Mike is running the Endurance Plus casing because his Open only fits a 38c. He did a 6.5 hour gravel 200k on Saturday with that setup so, they definitely still roll fast too. Pretty sure he'll finish the Jersey Gravel Grinder under 4 hours.

Steve Vai

Cool trip!
Amtrak train? Did you need to use a bike box or could you roll on?
You like Patagonia puff's in a cold rain?

You can only take it on some trains, but you just take it straight on with no box. It's $20 extra.

I love the Patagonia Poofy outfit for everything, it's amazing.

Steve Vai

No shop ride tonight so I took the time to dust off Rusty. Cleaned the drivetrain in the parts washer. New 28c GP5000's. New tape. New brakepads. Swapped my Speeplays on and bought the new Wahoo version for the SL7.

Central Jersey 200k on Saturday SS. Not recovered from CtC enough to really put in an effort but I'm curious what the time difference will be.

20210505_183236.jpg

20210505_183502.jpg

Top Bottom