Going Long and Hard.

serviceguy

Thats not Full Rando, thats Full Monty :p

He wasn't joking...

https://jimvreeland.wordpress.com/

JMN.JPG

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
We're doing a work Bike Challenge for May. I'm a Team Captain. Teams are drawn randomly so I have no idea what I'm in for yet. I'll do my best to put my name near the top of the list individually though. I did this quick as our team photo.

I probably should've been fixing bikes today instead, but, owls with hats.

OwlTeam.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Batsto 200k.

I started 30 minutes late on purpose...A) so I could sleep in a little and B) being I wasn't planning on going under the Course Record today, I wanted to ride through the field and be slightly social.

PSX_20220430_174355.jpg

Unfortunately, I caught 2/3rds of the field before the first Control. I said HI to everyone and then decided to chase the next group with a bit more intent. Caught 1/2 of those folks at the Turn-Around.

I took a picture of cows.

PSX_20220430_174157.jpg

Then this little house that was the Info Control at mile 65.

PSX_20220430_174106.jpg

The people from the Turn-Around caught me because I was screwing around too much. I jumped into the group with my pal Mike from Metuchen and his friend and some recumbent guy. Mike and the other kid were on SL7s so it wasn't easy trying to sit in on the SS. We made to the 90 mile Control and then maybe 10 miles after that and my legs just couldn't spin at their pace anymore. I dropped off and rode the last 20ish miles solo.

I ended up right behind them at the Finish and technically 30 minutes ahead if you adjusted my start time. Either way, sub 7 hour 200k on the SS is a legit effort. Looking forward to the Cranbury 300k.

strava431591186011257844.jpg

pygmypony

Commute.

View attachment 184193

Rode the Shop Ride out to Chimney Rock after work, then took the Canal home. Great night for it...They fixed the Canal all the way to Landing Lane.

View attachment 184194

The dude in 1st is seriously gaining ground. I'm moving up though.

View attachment 184195
canal tow path from New Bruns to Bound Brook is super sweet now! i think they are still going to do some compacting from Demott to Landing Lane too...so it will just get better!

Sven Migot

canal tow path from New Bruns to Bound Brook is super sweet now! i think they are still going to do some compacting from Demott to Landing Lane too...so it will just get better!
So they're dumbing down the tow path? What about the challenging rocky goodness? 😜

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Days like today and tomorrow is where you can crush their souls. Though something tells me they not be that soft.

Top Bottom