Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Jim,,I did some research and asked some peoples i know,,I'm sorry you got scammed
those phone numbers(i called) doesn't exist anymore,not even in Whatsapp
sorry, i hope you recover your money from paypall

ps:if you need some assistance just hit me up next time!✌️

signed
"YourMom"🤣

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Thanks,

Your Mom.

The Kalmyk

He doesn't want me lifting anything heavy off the ground for this week at least.
I would 100 percent do superman exercises throughout the day- not in a grouped together session cause thats just too much time on your lower back in too little time.

Take a piece of paper and make 10-12 boxes where each box represents a set. Those sets can be spread out through out the day. In each box just mark the time of day down once the workout is complete. Hold that position for 10-15 seconds. So by the end of the day your back will have been under targeted/controlled tension and have plenty of time to recover between sets.

Last thing you want to do is stretch it without doing and tension stuff. HashtagFACTS

Steve Vai

I would 100 percent do superman exercises throughout the day- not in a grouped together session cause thats just too much time on your lower back in too little time.

Take a piece of paper and make 10-12 boxes where each box represents a set. Those sets can be spread out through out the day. In each box just mark the time of day down once the workout is complete. Hold that position for 10-15 seconds. So by the end of the day your back will have been under targeted/controlled tension and have plenty of time to recover between sets.

Last thing you want to do is stretch it without doing and tension stuff. HashtagFACTS

I might be doing something similar. It's called a press up? Pelvis and legs stay on the ground and you push up and Arc your back. I have to do 100 of those a day. Superman you kinda hover your feet and hands right?

iman29

I might be doing something similar. It's called a press up? Pelvis and legs stay on the ground and you push up and Arc your back. I have to do 100 of those a day. Superman you kinda hover your feet and hands right?
yes and theres different variations/levels. You can start just on your elbows and then use a pillow under your elbows for more of an angle. Then progression to flat hands/locked elbows like you mentioned above.

This was the #1 exercise my wife had to do at home when she had her issues last year with herniated discs. The PT folks said its something you should do a few times a day as maintenance anyway. I do this one a few times a week too as part of my regular stretches also because I sit at my desk all day for work.

The Kalmyk

Yup! And most importantly tight that arse like someone is coming at you with a broomstick.

Im not going to geek out too much here but the foundational movement i use and do before deadlifting is the hollow rock. That is great for keeping the spine straight while keeping the ancillary muscles engaged- from top to bottom.

Your training now just became PT training essentially.

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

Bye bye seated shoulder presses and weighted squats. The compression on the spine aint worth it when the same work can be done with safer movements.

That suggestion keeps Jimbo on the bike.

Steve Vai

I officially started working for Specialized this afternoon. Out of the trial period!! They made me the Northeast Service Manager. My territory right now is 11 or 12 stores with a Dealer Hub in NYC opening in Spring. My home base will still be Summit so I can continue working on my homie's bikes, I'll be traveling the rest of the time. Job Description is pretty wide and will range from setting up stores, training staff, and hosting IBD Training Events and SBCU Seminars on the East Coast. It's a monster promotion with pages of perks, much excite!!

Yes, 1 of those perks is a free 24lb S-Works Stumpy 😍😍😍

Over the Bars

I officially started working for Specialized this afternoon. Out of the trial period!! They made me the Northeast Service Manager. My territory right now is 11 or 12 stores with a Dealer Hub in NYC opening in Spring. My home base will still be Summit so I can continue working on my homie's bikes, I'll be traveling the rest of the time. Job Description is pretty wide and will range from setting up stores, training staff, and hosting IBD Training Events and SBCU Seminars on the East Coast. It's a monster promotion with pages of perks, much excite!!

Congrats thats awesome! Will your reeb be hitting the marketplace once you get your new Stumpy?

Johnny Utah

Congrats!

JDurk

Already gone. Was sold to a member here.
1642786815917.png

Steve Vai

Wonder if I can buy that fork back?

PS - I got a demo bike today. I opted for something a little more eye catchy than the black S-Works to fit in with my theme of owning weird colored bikes.

Steve Vai

Oh dear…. It’s gotta be the tv test pattern bike. That’s gonna look sick wizzing by at mach-chicken.🤙

I'm straight buying a Crux Expert in the weird green color. I'm 80% sure the Crux with Roval C38s and 32c tires will be a phenomenal Rando Bike (this is a PBP Qualifier year) I'll put my 43c Rene Herse tires on the stock Terra wheels for Gravel rides. My Demo bike will be...brighter.

moose35

Congrats @jimvreeland sounds like a sweet gig.

serviceguy

Sweeeeet! Is the travelling going to have an impact on your riding, either positive or negative?

Top Bottom