Going Long and Hard.

"Off-season" is in full swing.

Spent close to 6 hours in the new boat Saturday. Started in that storm and the headwind was pretty brutal. Got nice once I hit the bay but once I hit the channel the tide pushed me back into Old Bridge. Good times.

IMG_20210703_154923_566.jpg

IMG_20210703_154923_544.jpg

IMG_20210703_154923_532.jpg

IMG_20210703_154923_464.jpg

IMG_20210703_154923_501.jpg

Sunday I hit RV for a loop around the lake just to check it off. Not too Boatventurey, but it's pretty.

IMG_20210704_154628_053.jpg

It’s cool to see the Raritan paddles. Definitely brings me back to the old days of living in South River and Sayreville.

Have you ever given thought to paddling the length of the South River? Basically from the bottom of Old Bridge Turnpike out to the Raritan, or vice versa. It’s heavily tidal, even at the bridge on Old Matawan Road, so I imagine that would be a pretty important consideration.

"Off-season" is in full swing.

Spent close to 6 hours in the new boat Saturday. Started in that storm and the headwind was pretty brutal. Got nice once I hit the bay but once I hit the channel the tide pushed me back into Old Bridge. Good times.

View attachment 161225

View attachment 161226

View attachment 161227

View attachment 161228

View attachment 161229

Sunday I hit RV for a loop around the lake just to check it off. Not too Boatventurey, but it's pretty.

View attachment 161230
digging the new kayak looks like some great trips. Not sure how much time you have sent on Rv but it can get very boat ventury very quickly. Been out there many times on my boat when things got bad very quick and once while In The kayak that I barely made it back to the ramp. The wind always pushes you to the far side of the lake Great pics keep it up

It’s cool to see the Raritan paddles. Definitely brings me back to the old days of living in South River and Sayreville.

Have you ever given thought to paddling the length of the South River? Basically from the bottom of Old Bridge Turnpike out to the Raritan, or vice versa. It’s heavily tidal, even at the bridge on Old Matawan Road, so I imagine that would be a pretty important consideration.

I have looked at it but haven't done it yet. I just found a ramp in Edison to get in closer to the split to do it as a loop with the canal. I think the next thing I want to do is go straight through the Bay to Sandy Hook. It's kinda scary out in the Channel but my new boat is pretty bright compared to the Carolina so I feel a little better.

are you totally checking out the rest of the year or still planning on doing Asheville BWR?

Hit the new Woodbridge Park yesterday morning. It's so dope. I was real tired so I just rode around and hard parked on all the ramps. 15 hours of "off-season" in 5 days. Rest day today and tomorrow more than likely.

Sunday I'm meeting my co-worker doing the AT and doing 2 days with them. Planning a couch to 40 miler. Should go well.

20210708_085456.jpg

I stumbled on the Adventure Stache podcast while riding, and Payson McElveen interviewed Will Loevner, who came in Second at the Unbound XL with a broken arm/hand! Rode downhills with one arm and just pushed through.

Any interaction with this young 23 YO - up and coming Ultra athlete?

Hit the new Woodbridge Park yesterday morning. It's so dope. I was real tired so I just rode around and hard parked on all the ramps. 15 hours of "off-season" in 5 days. Rest day today and tomorrow more than likely.

Sunday I'm meeting my co-worker doing the AT and doing 2 days with them. Planning a couch to 40 miler. Should go well.

Saw Sully's IG about you guys meeting up with him. NY section of AT is absolutely brutal. Just nonstop up and down for no real reason.

I stumbled on the Adventure Stache podcast while riding, and Payson McElveen interviewed Will Loevner, who came in Second at the Unbound XL with a broken arm/hand! Rode downhills with one arm and just pushed through.

Any interaction with this young 23 YO - up and coming Ultra athlete?

I saw him while I was out on course watching but didn't realize he was broken. The joys of being in your 20's!!

Back
Top Bottom