Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I would also carry a spare battery for the shifter and derailleur...

I do for the RD. The shifter has lasted 7,000 miles so there's really no need to worry about it anymore.

20210426_100508.jpg

Steve Vai

Basement wasn't cutting it so I went in an hour early for a proper rebuild. Drivetrain is pretty shot but I need to run this to failure so...That's gonna happen at some point.

20210426_100331.jpg

Squeaky clean.

20210426_095920.jpg

Every part washed and relubed. Bolts torqued. Fresh batteries in both shifters and Quarq. GTG.

20210426_103759.jpg

Steve Vai

I think I figured it out. My triangle bag doesn't fit because my frame is too little, so, 1/2 bag. Also gonna run my Revelate saddle pack because it's lighter and bigger. I'm only bringing a poofy outfit and a spare base, maybe a second pair of socks, maybe flip flops. Mounted my P-Tec under the Garmin and stuffed the battery pack in the front pocket. 1/2 bag will just be for spare food and drinks, everything else will be in the rear I think.

20210426_205817.jpg

20210426_210038.jpg

20210426_210033.jpg

20210426_210016.jpg

Steve Vai

Gear Check. Pretty straightforward 600k w/overnight kit. Might strap a pair of flip flops to the saddle bag just to get out of my shoes a bit also, but I just remembered that now that I looked at this picture.

20210427_210136.jpg

Base kit will be Pearl Interval Bib, Pearl sleeveless base, bright-ass jersey, and reflecty socks. Specialized wool LS base for if it gets cold, along with wool socks and gloves. Patagonia poofy outfit for if it gets rainy or below 30. Super light Big Agnes t-shirt and boxers for sleeping. Neck gaiter and mask for Covid stuff. 30 degree Pearl gloves in case of rain.

Emergency Bivy just in case shit hits the fan and I have to hide somewhere.

20210427_210308.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Sheetz is located in all areas of Pennsyltucky that doesn't have a Wawa.
Also known as basically all of PA. It was relatively recent that Wawa even made it into Lancaster. In York around ‘95 we got one of the first super sheetz, it was way ahead of what any Wawa was. Rutters (local to York county) and Turkey Hill ruled the roost before that.

Steve Vai

Sitting in Philly waiting for my ride. Got changed in the bushes in the park #aintcare

I however, can't leave my bike anywhere and am starving!!

Screenshot_20210501-173925_Connect.jpg

Finished at 5pm. 36 hours on the nose. Would've been faster but there's a rowing competition going on and all the roads around the river are closed so I got lost...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Sitting in Philly waiting for my ride. Got changed in the bushes in the park #aintcare

I however, can't leave my bike anywhere and am starving!!

View attachment 156810

Finished at 5pm. 36 hours on the nose. Would've been faster but there's a rowing competition going on and all the roads around the river are closed so I got lost...
How did it take you through York? I assume route 30 through Gettysburg and them market street (462) allll the way across the river and through Lancaster.

never mind, 15, not 30

Last edited:

Steve Vai

How did it take you through York? I assume route 30 through Gettysburg and them market street (462) allll the way across the river and through Lancaster.

never mind, 15, not 30

Not sure, I wasn't really paying attention to much other than my overall pace. I think I stopped at Rutters in York? Maybe Sheetz. IDK it's all kind of a blur. They did knock down a Sheetz I had on my Cue Sheet and were building a Wawa in it's place.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Not sure, I wasn't really paying attention to much other than my overall pace. I think I stopped at Rutters in York? Maybe Sheetz. IDK it's all kind of a blur. They did knock down a Sheetz I had on my Cue Sheet and were building a Wawa in it's place.
Yeah, rutters or sheetz would have been in York along that way

Top Bottom