Going Long and Hard.

serviceguy

1. sit
2. stand
or
3. WALK
For some bizarre reason I was trying to envision one of the recently UCI banned positions...and I'm quite confident that @jimvreeland has tried them all BTW!

1613987343_main.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Cranbury 200k, again. But for real.

Same plan as Batsto, leave last and go through the field, hopefully catching wheels here and there. For the first 2 Controls I went by very few people on the road. Passed by short-stopping the Control instead. There was a huge group at Scenic Overlook when I went by, turns out it was pretty much the entire field, by Control 3 I was a few minutes behind the 1st guy on course. Caught him around 70 miles as well as my friend Richard.

Was perfect to get some help with the headwinds at the end. I pulled maybe twice as long as Richard but it was amazing to sit in for whatever I could.

Just before the last Control my shifter battery died. Was stuck in a pretty easy gear to Wawa. There I looked for a battery, no dice, so I just manually put it in the 10t cog as the left still had juice and I could go easier if needed.

Took a couple miles to find the right gear and then I was good to go. Ended up dropping Richard about 5 miles to go but I went to the Pizza Place because I didn't take my own advice and make a cheat sheet. I just assumed the route was the same, but it ended at the park. A few minutes wasted but I was still able to sneak in under the my old record by 2 or 3 minutes so overall it all worked out.

Probably lost 5-10 minutes trying to find a battery. And, I had to refuel because I did in fact eject a bottle 🤣

Looking forward to Crush the Commonwealth and taking things a bit easier. You know, as easy as a sub 48 hour 600k can be anyway.

20210424_151924.jpg

strava896998169533925721.jpg

Event time was 6:48 I think.

onetracker

Nice. Could not resist. Also, not giving up my crusty cables which I am sure are overdue to be changed 😀

#gotcables
#alsogotsinglespeed

serviceguy

How easy is to replace the battery on the AXS, granted you find one?! Would make sense to carry a spare shifter with a brand new battery? I guess the only thing better than AXS would be ...2 AXS?!?!

Steve Vai

How easy is to replace the battery on the AXS, granted you find one?! Would make sense to carry a spare shifter with a brand new battery? I guess the only thing better than AXS would be ...2 AXS?!?!

It's a 2 minute job with a 2032 battery. I haven't changed then since I bought the bike so, my fault.

iman29

It's a 2 minute job with a 2032 battery. I haven't changed then since I bought the bike so, my fault.
As part of my overprepardness mindset I had 2 of these with me yesterday. For what would have been either my HRM or my speed/cadence sensor cause I hate when the data stuff doesn’t work.

Looks like I was in the crowd at Mt Mitchil when you blew past us according to flyby.

Steve Vai

Pretty sure everyone was except Rich and some kid named Nick. Only people I went by on the road after Mt. Mitchell.

Steve Vai

Lazy morning CTC prep. Aero bars are gone, rear cage that doesn't work, gone. Cleaned frame. Soaking chain. Rotor and cassette swap to 38mm wheelset. Need a battery for the shifter still. Waiting on Wolf Tooth bottle relocator brackets before figuring out which bags to use.

Normal 600k fare is a Banjo Brothers triangle frame pack and saddle bag. Leaves no room to overpack.

20210426_083252.jpg

Top Bottom