Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Back over here to document prep leading into UnboundXL.

So far I've done a 400k and 3x200k's. 2 of the 200k's I was able to set Course Records for. 1 of them I shaved 23 minutes off my old PR so fitness is definitely coming up.

Portland 200k...

Screenshot_20210314-133827_Chrome.jpg

And then after they posted results I took the Batsto Record. The next guy was only 3 minutes back, and I was only 3 minutes behind Bill in his Velomobile. Super tight front end for a Brevet...

Screenshot_20210413-165245_Chrome.jpg

Today I pre-rode Cranberry with a bunch of friends that missed Reg. Really strong group. Even though we ran a 6:18 moving, it was 6 minutes slower total than my Current Record. I've always said riding in a group is slower, and I've yet to see proof otherwise.

Screenshot_20210417-162118_Strava.jpg

strava1782832373184689657.jpg

Super headwindy today too, I seriously hope that doesn't happen next week.

iman29

Back over here to document prep leading into UnboundXL.

So far I've done a 400k and 3x200k's. 2 of the 200k's I was able to set Course Records for. 1 of them I shaved 23 minutes off my old PR so fitness is definitely coming up.

Portland 200k...

View attachment 155921

And then after they posted results I took the Batsto Record. The next guy was only 3 minutes back, and I was only 3 minutes behind Bill in his Velomobile. Super tight front end for a Brevet...

View attachment 155922

Today I pre-rode Cranberry with a bunch of friends that missed Reg. Really strong group. Even though we ran a 6:18 moving, it was 6 minutes slower total than my Current Record. I've always said riding in a group is slower, and I've yet to see proof otherwise.

View attachment 155923

View attachment 155924

Super headwindy today too, I seriously hope that doesn't happen next week.

Any tips/tricks for a first time Rando rider ? I’ve done long distances before so not worried about the miles more worried about getting Lost even with the Garmin. I will have a group of 4 so we will stick together. but always good to get info from more experienced Rando riders.

Steve Vai

Any tips/tricks for a first time Rando rider ? I’ve done long distances before so not worried about the miles more worried about getting Lost even with the Garmin. I will have a group of 4 so we will stick together. but always good to get info from more experienced Rando riders.

I make a cheat sheet and tape it to my top tube. Has the Control and mileage so I know if I missed something. Also good to see how much distance to the next Control so you can refuel accordingly. I keep my Garmin on the Map Page with 2 metrics, Distance to Go and Distance. I average my speed by doing math, keeps the head busy. Cranbury is pretty well spaced with Controls around 30miles apart. The new setup with the QR Codes is a little tricky as the scan is behind a red reflector and aren't particularly easy to locate. I missed all of them during the pre-ride, hopefully volunteers will be at each spot like Batsto pointing them out. The last section is a tad rolly feeling after 100 miles so save something for that. And Ocean Ave is always windy AF.

Steve Vai

Busy few days. NICA Race Sunday morning, Chimney Rock afterwards, 6-Mile recovery ride this morning. Have to take the young child to the Dentist so I get a day off the bike tomorrow. Rest of the week should be pretty light heading into Cranbury Saturday.

I do need to work out a proper solution for my rear bottle holder. First one snapped about 15 miles into Batsto, second one ejected my bottle about 10 miles into Saturday's 200k. Not 100% sure what to do here.

Photo of child racing. Or, riding around with a number plate.

IMG_20210419_200317_832.jpg

Cassinonorth

Busy few days. NICA Race Sunday morning, Chimney Rock afterwards, 6-Mile recovery ride this morning. Have to take the young child to the Dentist so I get a day off the bike tomorrow. Rest of the week should be pretty light heading into Cranbury Saturday.

I do need to work out a proper solution for my rear bottle holder. First one snapped about 15 miles into Batsto, second one ejected my bottle about 10 miles into Saturday's 200k. Not 100% sure what to do here.

View attachment 156030

Profile Designs bottle cage with the elastic band is the most secure rear mounted holder I've found from my tri days. Almost too hard to get out.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know this will only produce some snarky reply but what the hell.

I like it more everytime I use it.

Steve Vai

I know this will only produce some snarky reply but what the hell.

I like it more everytime I use it.

I did buy an Enduro Bro fanny pack but haven't been able to force myself to use it yet. I'd still rather be thirsty 🤣🤣🤣

choop

View attachment 156030
Thats not a picture of your kid....its a picture of my kid (mine is in blue behind). lol

serviceguy

View attachment 156030
367ad357c69226109069db9765cfbb2b135e778b3856791034bdb6c37f9e65ac.jpg

Your kid looks very squatchy!

Top Bottom