Going Long and Hard.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
SS?
Trump Whatever.gif

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Rode to the top of skyline, no shuttle so I had to ride back the same way. #notanendurobro

20201010_123349.jpg

Then I hit KVSP on the way home to knock out Kathi's Badge. It took like 30 minutes so I did a few extra loops to make the drive worth it. Forgot how friggin fast that place is.

PSX_20201010_185122.jpg

Did all the Mooch things today. Earthworm Ice Cream Cardiac Rollie Ass Bumpy loop. The Geatest Hits.

PSX_20201011_142948.jpg

20201011_110709.jpg

20201011_135248.jpg

Challenge Completed.

one piece crank

IDK. I think it's a lot easier to pack for the cold. You're not sweating so you really don't need to change kits very often. It's just layers, and a lot of the time you'll be wearing them.
I think this comes down to the difference between your ITI cold & climate, and my Mid-Atlantic/NE cold. Once I acclimate my body puts out alot of heat, and I have to be extra vigilant about layer moisture, especially boots/socks/feet. This is without the output to ride 1000 miles.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Specialized Stumpy Launch today. It was supposed to be Tuesday but it rained a lot. Got to be an Enduro Bro and ride an EVO. It was fun, and climbed great, but too much bike for me to do anything with.

The new Stumpy on the other hand is way dope. I thought it'd be a little much with 130mm travel but the new back end is awesome. Climbs so good. I'd need a little longer stem and a flat bar to get it closer to XC but it really wasn't far off stock.

I rode my Spearfish afterwards on the same loop to do a control comparison and the Stumpy probably climbs just as well. As least it felt like it climbed as well. I would've liked to ride it against an Epic EVO because that's the bike that most fits my needs.

PSX_20201015_154038.jpg

IMG_20201015_195336_764.jpg

20201015_143920.jpg

Cassinonorth

Specialized Stumpy Launch today. It was supposed to be Tuesday but it rained a lot. Got to be an Enduro Bro and ride an EVO. It was fun, and climbed great, but too much bike for me to do anything with.

The new Stumpy on the other hand is way dope. I thought it'd be a little much with 130mm travel but the new back end is awesome. Climbs so good. I'd need a little longer stem and a flat bar to get it closer to XC but it really wasn't far off stock.

I rode my Spearfish afterwards on the same loop to do a control comparison and the Stumpy probably climbs just as well. As least it felt like it climbed as well. I would've liked to ride it against an Epic EVO because that's the bike that most fits my needs.

View attachment 141530

View attachment 141531

View attachment 141532
Ughhh I don't need it...I don't need it...I don't need it.

Steve Vai

@jimvreeland so the EVO still has the rear FSR link ? Its nice to see some new colors on the SJ...

Yeah. There's an adjustment in the link to change the BB height. It flips forward or backwards. I rode it in both of the end modes, the most XC and most DH. It was fun but in DH mode with the low BB and 63 degree HT I was hitting the pedals on the ground in the parking lot.

I honestly feel like the standard Stumpy is 90% as capable as the EVO. At least for trail riding and minor park kinda stuff.

Mathers

Yeah. There's an adjustment in the link to change the BB height. It flips forward or backwards. I rode it in both of the end modes, the most XC and most DH. It was fun but in DH mode with the low BB and 63 degree HT I was hitting the pedals on the ground in the parking lot.

I honestly feel like the standard Stumpy is 90% as capable as the EVO. At least for trail riding and minor park kinda stuff.
Looking for a new bike next year may have to keep the Stumpy on my list.

Top Bottom