Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
20201009_092014.jpg

Steve Vai

A unicorn. I actually bought this from another shop, at full retail. That's how much I wanted one.

Steve Vai

This one is really simple. Big Agnes Cinnabar -40, Thermarest NeoAir XTherm pad, Outdoor Research Helium Bivy.

My lighter setup is the same but with a Big Agnes Crusho-UL -20 Bag.

one piece crank

This one is really simple. Big Agnes Cinnabar -40, Thermarest NeoAir XTherm pad, Outdoor Research Helium Bivy.

My lighter setup is the same but with a Big Agnes Crusho-UL -20 Bag.

Maybe the bigger questions, how much clothing can you possibly bring on a trip like this? How do you manage clothing moisture/perspiration, when you go from bike/off-bike/to-bag?

Steve Vai

Maybe the bigger questions, how much clothing can you possibly bring on a trip like this? How do you manage clothing moisture/perspiration, when you go from bike/off-bike/to-bag?

Oh. I bring 2 bibs. 45Nrth pants. 1 baselayer. 1 Specialized Hoody. 1 Patagonia Nano Puff. 1 Outdoor Reasearch Rain Shell. 1 big poofy jacket. 2 pairs of socks.

For Nome all I'm doing is adding Nano Pants as a base layer, or around checkpoints, and that Big Agnes Fire Tower as my poofy.

Usually I take my bibs off, put the 45nrth pants on, and slide into bivy. This year I bought a 3-Wire from Big Agnes which has a side zipper. It'll change the way I do things so I won't know until I get out there.

If it's cold, only the big poofy and pants are on the bike so there's tons of room.

one piece crank

Oh. I bring 2 bibs. 45Nrth pants. 1 baselayer. 1 Specialized Hoody. 1 Patagonia Nano Puff. 1 Outdoor Reasearch Rain Shell. 1 big poofy jacket. 2 pairs of socks.

For Nome all I'm doing is adding Nano Pants as a base layer, or around checkpoints, and that Big Agnes Fire Tower as my poofy.

Usually I take my bibs off, put the 45nrth pants on, and slide into bivy. This year I bought a 3-Wire from Big Agnes which has a side zipper. It'll change the way I do things so I won't know until I get out there.

If it's cold, only the big poofy and pants are on the bike so there's tons of room.
That, seems crazy! I bring more socks on a weekend trip!

A whole other level...

Steve Vai

That, seems crazy! I bring more socks on a weekend trip!

A whole other level...

IDK. I think it's a lot easier to pack for the cold. You're not sweating so you really don't need to change kits very often. It's just layers, and a lot of the time you'll be wearing them.

Top Bottom