Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
3 Day Weekend.

We closed the shop because well, we all need a break. And real talk, I pretty much Hate bikes right now.

Friday Boatventure.

Started in Johnson Park and went South down the Raritan to the Bay.

IMG_20200703_131235_101.jpg

Was planning on checking out the Holiday Boat traffic under the Driscoll and turning around if needed.

IMG_20200703_175327_304.jpg

Surprisingly low traffic so I went out the Lighthouse out in the Bay. Don't have a ton of Open Water experience so having something to aim at helps a lot.

IMG_20200703_175327_303.jpg

Ended in Old Bridge at the Waterfront Park after 5.5 hours and 20 miles.

Saturday.

5-Mile Neighborhood walk with the 2nd Born. This is something I need to add in more frequently as ITI prep. Despite what we all may think, the ITI is NOT a bicycle race. It is a walking race where you may sometimes ride a bicycle.

20200704_135226.jpg

Sunday.

Boatventure #2. Started in New Brunswick and headed North up the D&R to 5-Mile Lock.

IMG_20200705_140236_907.jpg

At that point I portaged about 100 yards across the spillway along the towpath and set back in on the Raritan River side.

IMG_20200705_140236_909.jpg

Back in New Brunswick I found a tunnel that ended up under the Canal. I Portaged a second time to get back into the Canal Side and to my car on Landing Lane.

20200705_122307.jpg

Nica Practice.

NICA is back!! Once again with the 2nd born. First time mountain biking in a while it seems.

IMG_20200705_190400_594.jpg

20200705_175306.jpg

I like bikes again. Until tomorrow at 11am at least.

Mahnken

My grandmother, Uncle, two aunt's, two cousins, and one of those cousin's husband have had it. And I know if at least a dozen friends and their family members that have had it. Two grandparents of friends have died from it. #NotFake.

Mahnken

Must've skipped Summit and Piscataway all together then.
I wouldn't have known any of my family had it if my Mom didn't tell me. None of them went to the doctors (though my grandmother probably should have after having a couple syncopal episodes, lol), they all just got sick one after the other and when it was over decided to get the antibody test to see if that was what it was.
Everyone else I know through nursing school or work.
So if I didn't go to nursing school, and my family didn't get antibody tested. I wouldn't know anyone either.

mfennell

Statistics as of Monday, July 6, 2020
Total number of positive cases in Summit, NJ: 218
Total number of deaths in Summit, NJ:17

All the finance types got sent home the second week of March and had to try to remember their kid's names. "Hey.....you....sure I'd like to go for a bike ride. You know what would be fun? Let's all make name tags!"

At last count, my company of 8500 had ~20 cases. I work regularly with one of them. He said it sucked. :) I have no idea how he got it - we'd been working from home for 2 months at that point. Several deaths of co-worker's grandparents and a college friend's dad. #shitsreal

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hey, Kanza got cancelled. I'm actually excited about that with all the BS Corporate Nonsense happening with it. I got a refund because I'm all in for ITI in 2021 and won't be doing any other races.

In related news, now I have 2 weeks Vacation to burn up so my Boatpacking the Delaware is getting planned for realz. Will be fun doing something big that isn't bike related. Because, I hate bikes again.

FUCKING SUMMIT PEOPLE. Anyone else have pretty vivid dreams about burying people in the woods? Just me? Can't be just me.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone else have pretty vivid dreams about burying people in the woods? Just me? Can't be just me.
Reoccurring dream maybe even 3 different ones sometimes combined. Since childhood. I could write a script for horror movie for sure. You asked :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hey, Kanza got cancelled. I'm actually excited about that with all the BS Corporate Nonsense happening with it. I got a refund because I'm all in for ITI in 2021 and won't be doing any other races.

In related news, now I have 2 weeks Vacation to burn up so my Boatpacking the Delaware is getting planned for realz. Will be fun doing something big that isn't bike related. Because, I hate bikes again.

FUCKING SUMMIT PEOPLE. Anyone else have pretty vivid dreams about burying people in the woods? Just me? Can't be just me.
May explain why you stay away from people as much as possible, even during races ?

Top Bottom