Going Long and Hard.

Is it accurate? I want to start tracking my fitness but I need to be more consistent with it too. Do the wearables like Fitbit or Garmin help. I was looking into the Whoop but that thing got pre

It's easy for me to track my fitness, I buried it in a corner of a beach in Corsica about 25 years ago. It hasn't moved since...sorry for the mini thread-hijack.

Is it accurate? I want to start tracking my fitness but I need to be more consistent with it too. Do the wearables like Fitbit or Garmin help. I was looking into the Whoop but that thing got pre

It depends on what you want to track. Specifically.

Hold the 200 don't try to squeeze it. Use the non working hand to help get it to a point where you are just holding the weight. The first 20% of the close is always the hardest because your fingers are extended. Done correctly, muscle irradiation technique is a great way to teach your system to auto engage (great if you are looking to protect from injury or re-injury). I.E. when squeezing these grippers your shoulder and lats should be engaged every time. Below is a PubMed study but what I am trying to get out is best explained in the second link.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3472517/

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/irradiation-makes-you-stronger

Like I said originally... The grip has high representation in the nervous system.

Screw that. Just have DG squeeze the 200s.

2/14

Wanna hear a funny Valentine's Day story? OK. I ripped my tire driving to work on Wednesday. I didn't replace my spare the last time I flatted so I just drove like a mile on the rim.

I Uber'd home. Mike picked me up Thursday Morning and I brought a Spare Wheel to fix my car. I put it on. It was low so I went to put air in it. It was also flat. My wife came to get me.

I dropped 2 wheels off at the junkyard around the corner from my house before work today. They were supposed to be done a 9am. They weren't. I took the spare from my Wife's Jetta and she drove me to work so I could fix my car. I figure I'll do it at Lunch. Jetta spare doesn't clear my brakes. Fuck.

My wife has to now go to the Junkyard, pick up my wheels, and drop them off at the shop so I can finally get the stupid GTI home.

I put the wheels on after work and drove it home.

Happy Valentine's Day.

2/14

Wanna hear a funny Valentine's Day story? OK. I ripped my tire driving to work on Wednesday. I didn't replace my spare the last time I flatted so I just drove like a mile on the rim.

I Uber'd home. Mike picked me up Thursday Morning and I brought a Spare Wheel to fix my car. I put it on. It was low so I went to put air in it. It was also flat. My wife came to get me.

I dropped 2 wheels off at the junkyard around the corner from my house before work today. They were supposed to be done a 9am. They weren't. I took the spare from my Wife's Jetta and she drove me to work so I could fix my car. I figure I'll do it at Lunch. Jetta spare doesn't clear my brakes. Fuck.

My wife has to now go to the Junkyard, pick up my wheels, and drop them off at the shop so I can finally get the stupid GTI home.

I put the wheels on after work and drove it home.

Happy Valentine's Day.
Did the junkyard patch your tires, or do you get used tires? I'm quite curious.

Went to ETD the other day to patch a tire. The guy tells me 2 tires are very low on tread.
Car has 25k miles

I got used tires. My old tires ripped through the sidewall. It was a pretty sweet deal at $40 a pop mounted and balanced.
I didn't know they still did that. I would get used wheels and tires from this one junkyard all the time until they stopped selling them.

I didn't know they still did that. I would get used wheels and tires from this one junkyard all the time until they stopped selling them.

There's a yard in South Plainfield that has piles of wheels and tires. It's a few blocks from my crib. Normal size tires are $35 mounted and balanced, low profile are $40.

2/16

Hill repeat day. 10 times up Warrenville. Short, high quality work.

IMG_20200216_122628_541.jpg
20200216_164318.jpg

Afterwards I took the child out for some NICA'ing. The trails was poop so we rode the bike path to the Olde Towne. We explored all of the Olde Tyme buildings and did Olde Tyme things.

20200216_135806.jpg

IMG_20200216_164111_982.jpg

20200216_145255.jpg

20200216_142901.jpg

2/17

Lunch ride through the swamp because it's like 100 degrees out. Ended on Gillette which is a punchy little shit of a climb up to River Road that taps out at 21% I did it seated.

I expect fitness like that since I got my grippers. After doing 100 with each hand in 5 sets, I read the actual owner's manual for the workout guide. I did too many. So I did the actual workout, which was more. Probably won't be able to open my hand tomorrow.

PSX_20200217_183039.jpg

1:36 total? 173.6lbs.

2/17

Lunch ride through the swamp because it's like 100 degrees out. Ended on Gillette which is a punchy little shit of a climb up to River Road that taps out at 21% I did it seated.

I expect fitness like that since I got my grippers. After doing 100 with each hand in 5 sets, I read the actual owner's manual for the workout guide. I did too many. So I did the actual workout, which was more. Probably won't be able to open my hand tomorrow.

View attachment 119330

1:36 total? 173.6lbs.
Curled toes though?

Back
Top Bottom