Going Long and Hard.

Piston Honda

Quick question, hoping to get Mukky ready for Sunday (still having doubts about joining GFBD on my first ever fat bike ride) I upped my trainer routine slightly to cover over 30 miles, which I managed at an avg of 19.5 mph ( it's not indicative as I can't really evaluate the actual effort, HBR was around 150 and a total of 1300 cal consumption, pathetic, I know, but you need to start somewhere). No issues with the stamina (I guess I should have pushed more), but I get extremely uncomfortable on my saddle after the 1 hr mark (ergon SMC4, no issues on regular MTBing or below 1 hr continuously seating ride)...I don't think there's a better person to ask about comfort on the saddle over an extended period of time, can you suggest anything? I am thinking double liner or even adult nappy (for double duty)...
Is that discomfort while in the trainer? If yes try standing up for 5-10 seconds every 20 minutes.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
At 28° start to my ride this past weekend i had a wool Jersey and base-layer. Money sauce!

LS base. SS Jersey. Bibs. Waterproof pants. No gloves. 32 degrees ;)
IMG_20191203_143649_778.jpg

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Yep, but once it starts the short breaks from seating don't help much. Maybe I should try doing it regardless before the discomfort starts.

For an hour this sounds like something is actually wrong. Shouldn't be bothered during that short a duration. I would check some basic things like saddle height and fore/aft before ruling out the saddle itself.

serviceguy

For an hour this sounds like something is actually wrong. Shouldn't be bothered during that short a duration. I would check some basic things like saddle height and fore/aft before ruling out the saddle itself.
It is a somehow weird setup, I tried to adjust the seat in order to replicate the actual bike setup as much as possible but it's nowhere near.

Shouldn't be bothered during that short a duration.
LOL at 1 hour as short duration. Remember, I am sub-OOS...

Top Bottom