Going Long and Hard.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I’m curious about the battery retention in a mtb application. I love my eTap on the road, but the battery just sitting exposed like that on a MTB is a little scary. The pro’s trust the system, but they’re not clumsy oafs like me...... time will tell.

onetracker

SRAM thought of that and they know some people will forget to charge it. That's why there are hidden ports for their spare "ready cable". Just keep the small cable in your saddle bag or wherever and when the battery dies, you attach it to the derailleur and shifter and throw some temporary zip ties on to hold it in place. The cable has tiny batteries built into it that'll double your battery length to get you through the ride and back home with no issues.

They also have a mini stick on power cell you can connect to harness the power of the sun and it'll charge while you ride, thus you'll never need to charge them. You just connect the small wire to the hidden ports on either the derailleur or shifter that is connected to the solar cell sticker, then you simply wrap the sticker around your handle bars or chain stays and BAM! Done. Never worry about it again.
This is not really true? Are you punkin' me?

I am still staying with cables.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I’m curious about the battery retention in a mtb application. I love my eTap on the road, but the battery just sitting exposed like that on a MTB is a little scary. The pro’s trust the system, but they’re not clumsy oafs like me...... time will tell.

With all the rain we're getting, the mountain bike is just for show anyway, so we may never know.

Steve Vai

Rainbows and unicorn shit.

IMG_20190618_185208_962.jpg
20190618_184659.jpg
20190618_184643.jpg

Also, if you're wondering, or even notice, I run a LH Matchmaker for my rear shifter to move it inboard about 1/2" so it's way out of the way. Because I don't actually shift and all this shit is for show.

I have an XX1 DUB crankset and 100mm SID that came with this build that I think is getting donated to my Singlespeed, along with the Guides on my Fatboy. The Fatboy will get the GX Eagle group this bike an there will be another XX1/GX 11-speed group up for grabs if anyone is in the market.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Absolute Black update.

My working relationship with Absolute Black has been going well. I've seen a genuine improvement in performance since switching over. They've also been doing a solid job of pimping me on the Gram, which goes a long way with lining up new Sponsors. If you haven't already, give them a follow and spread some love for a local.

Screenshot_20190622-210205_Instagram.jpg

Steve Vai

The boy actually rode bicycles with me!! I think he's decided to stop racing. He says it's a lot more fun riding in rocks and exploring, can't say I blame the kid. Those are the things I would want to do to. Rocks, exploring. Win, win.

He even double flatted and we had to hike out of the woods. Adventure.

IMG_20190623_143807_885.jpg

Top Bottom