Going Long and Hard.

Hammer Ride is back in full swing. Having Sergey in the mix is pretty painful. The ride has always been hard but now it's just silly. I made it about 28 of the 34 miles before my legs said F This. Of the 14 of us that started I was 6th to last to pop so my short game is still better than at least 8 other people.

IMG_20190424_201855_786.jpg

Today was a nice shake down ride to see if the Tarmac is working after the rebuild. Feels fast and comfy so Cranbury should be a good one. Did almost 60 miles with 2800 feet of climbing in just over 3 hours. Cranbury has less than that for the entire 200k so at today's pace we'll be just over 6 hours moving time. Shouldn't be an issue getting under 7 hours all in. Would be nice to score a minimum time Brevet but that might be a tad optimistic.

strava7854953649578403175.jpg
20190424_093444.jpg

Hammer Ride is back in full swing. Having Sergey in the mix is pretty painful. The ride has always been hard but now it's just silly. I made it about 28 of the 34 miles before my legs said F This. Of the 14 of us that started I was 6th to last to pop so my short game is still better than at least 8 other people.

View attachment 93721
Where does this ride depart from? Not too keen on riding road these days but love any “yes” drop ride of attrition.

Where does this ride depart from? Not too keen on riding road these days but love any “yes” drop ride of attrition.

Summit HB. 6pm Wednesday. There is one 2 minute long regroup at whatever the first big climb is. If you're farther back, dropped. If you fall off after the regroup, dropped. Get a flat, dropped. Reach down for a drink out of your water bottle, dropped.

Cranbury 200k.

Yay, Brevet season is back!! This is my favorite course so I always look forward to this event. Had good legs today so I pulled the group apart early. 5 of us made the break about a mile out of the start. I kept pulling the pace up over 22-23mph to see who would be in it for the long haul. 1 guy and myself were taking double and triple pulls so I made a plan to ditch the group at the first Control. I hadn't drank any water up to that point so I literally had my card signed and just rode off, alone.

The other guy, also Jim, bridged across to me and we took turns pulling through to the 2nd Control. There I once again did a short stop and went on solo for the next 100k.

Bill Russel in his Velomobile went by me just after the last Control because I was riding into a pretty stiff headwind and he's super aero in his little missle thing.

I was aiming for an R50 and ended up missing it by 6 minutes, but as a consolation prize I set a new Bicycle course record of 6:51, 19 minutes faster than an 8 man group last year.

Fitness is really good right now, I honestly didn't feel like I was putting out an effort all day. It was nice to just go out and drill a 200k like it's a normal thing. 2nd place bike was over 40 minutes back, I was only 7 minutes behind Bill. Everyone else is still on course :)

The Tarmac is FAST!!

20190427_143904.jpg
IMG_20190427_144941_371.jpg

Screenshot_20190427-163424_Strava.jpg

Last edited:
Mooch Madness.

The boy raced Mooch while I rode around yelling at people. I mean, "heckling".

He likes riding in rocks and was looking forward to this race for a while, hopefully it stokes his fire a little and he remembers how much fun mountain biking is when you stay out of pine tree land.

IMG_20190428_154912_243.jpg
IMG_20190428_154143_873.jpg

Back
Top Bottom