Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Less than 7 days. And, I'm sick. Blah. Went riding yesterday morning in hopes the fresh air would clean me out. Came home and immediately went out for count. Woke up at 6am this morning after a short 14-hour coma.

In other exciting news. I ripped my 686 bibs in Canada. I thought it was just a small hole so I bought some fabric fixer tape to patch it. Nah son, the whole damn booty ripped out!! I EP'd and overnighted a pair of 45nrth pants which will go untested before race day. Everyone else rides them so it should be fine. #aintcare

20190216_152317.jpg
20190216_152347.jpg

Studded my shoes because, ice.

20190216_155237.jpg

Cheat sheet.

20190217_154303.jpg

Bike is stripped and packed along with most of my gear. Loaded GPX files on 2 Garmins and 2 phones. Charging my iPods and buttoning up some odds and ends. I just want to be on the bike at this point!!

Sven Migot

Less than 7 days. And, I'm sick. Blah. Went riding yesterday morning in hopes the fresh air would clean me out. Came home and immediately went out for count. Woke up at 6am this morning after a short 14-hour coma.

In other exciting news. I ripped my 686 bibs in Canada. I thought it was just a small hole so I bought some fabric fixer tape to patch it. Nah son, the whole damn booty ripped out!! I EP'd and overnighted a pair of 45nrth pants which will go untested before race day. Everyone else rides them so it should be fine. #aintcare

View attachment 88027View attachment 88028

Studded my shoes because, ice.

View attachment 88029

Cheat sheet.

View attachment 88030

Bike is stripped and packed along with most of my gear. Loaded GPX files on 2 Garmins and 2 phones. Charging my iPods and buttoning up some odds and ends. I just want to be on the bike at this point!!
Are those the Naughtvind pants? Siiick! (ooo, poor word choice, my bad...)

Steve Vai

What's the active ingredient in DayQuil? I hardly ever take cold medicine and that shit knocks me out for days...DAYS!! Same with allergy medications, immediately puts me to sleep. WTF?

FitmanNJ

!
JIm, there's plenty of evidence that strenous exercise can suppress the immune system...which is the last thing you want now being so close to the event. There's little evidence that riding to get clean air will combat a virus...or "clean you out." Just do the minimum necessary to sustain your fitness level until the big day. Hope you have a rapid recovery!

Last edited:

FitmanNJ

What's the active ingredient in DayQuil? I hardly ever take cold medicine and that shit knocks me out for days...DAYS!! Same with allergy medications, immediately puts me to sleep. WTF?
Years ago, my friend at Wayne State University worked on a project with a professor they called, "Dr Zinc" (studying zinc was his "thing"). They had some significant success at shortening the severity and duration of colds by administering ionic zinc sublingually. This works best when taken immediately upon noticing some cold symptoms (which you're clearly past), but may still provide some benefit. The problem is finding them locally as the sublingual lozenges that you should take are NOT the same as the common over-the-counter "zinc-candies" like Cold-Eze. I could bring some to the store tomorrow (or meet you somewhere), or you could try ordering them here: Amazon link to Enhanced Zinc Lozenges or here: Life Extension link to Enhanced Zinc Lozenges. To my knowledge, the over-the-counter cold meds treat the cold symptoms, but not the underlying severity or duration.

rick81721

Lothar
Years ago, my friend at Wayne State University worked on a project with a professor they called, "Dr Zinc" (studying zinc was his "thing"). They had some significant success at shortening the severity and duration of colds by administering ionic zinc sublingually. This works best when taken immediately upon noticing some cold symptoms (which you're clearly past), but may still provide some benefit. The problem is finding them locally as the sublingual lozenges that you should take are NOT the same as the common over-the-counter "zinc-candies" like Cold-Eze. I could bring some to the store tomorrow (or meet you somewhere), or you could try ordering them here: Amazon link to Enhanced Zinc Lozenges or here: Life Extension link to Enhanced Zinc Lozenges. To my knowledge, the over-the-counter cold meds treat the cold symptoms, but not the underlying severity or duration.

Cold-eeze works for me, it's the same principle, zinc ions interfere with cold virus penetration into cells. You have to take it at the first sign of symptoms, for me it's always a sore throat from post-nasal drip. Doesn't cure a cold but reduces severity and duration.

FitmanNJ

Cold-eeze works for me, it's the same principle, zinc ions interfere with cold virus penetration into cells. You have to take it at the first sign of symptoms, for me it's always a sore throat from post-nasal drip. Doesn't cure a cold but reduces severity and duration.
I just skimmed a few articles and there seems to be some disagreement on the best zinc formulation to use, but one thing we can definitely agree on, I think, is that the sooner the zinc is taken after feeling the initial symptoms of a cold, the better.

Steve Vai

My thinking on getting out of the house was because my wife was home sick for 3 days when I got back from Canada. I knew my body would be at a low point and susceptible to whatever she had. Has. She's still sick. I've been double dosing with Emergen-C for about a week because I knew something was going to get me. Everyone at work was sick last week and my boys were sick the week before. Whatevs. Nothing I can do now. If I have to sleep at the first Checkpoint for a day, I will.

Steve Vai

*Chicago.

Frasier moved to Chicago. Took a few minutes going through my memory files to come up with that useless piece of information. Seems like a shitty move just for a little tail. Probably why they cancelled the show. Or maybe because he had to give it up for that huge part he got in X-Men? Also seems like a shitty move.

Top Bottom