Going Long and Hard.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
IMG_20190121_104024_076.jpg

Steve Vai

Great effort by David Steel staying with Robert May for second place.

David was stronger throughout the day but went on a solo break out to the turn-around while the 3 behind rotated in a pace-line to reel him in. If he would've sat in with the group it would've come down to a 4-way sprint like the first year. It was basically a road race. 6 hour Century on a Fat Bike is no joke.

thegock

David was stronger throughout the day but went on a solo break out to the turn-around while the 3 behind rotated in a pace-line to reel him in. If he would've sat in with the group it would've come down to a 4-way sprint like the first year. It was basically a road race. 6 hour Century on a Fat Bike is no joke.

And 15mph for six hours is super strong.

Steve Vai

What's happening over here? 26 days to go. That's what's happening. Holy fuck.

Now's a great time to completely re-evaluate your gear and change everything. This one is a pretty simple hack. Swapped back to standard anything cages with presta valve nuts behind them to create strap space. This will allow me to pull the bag off the cage in seconds and fumble with it's contents away from bike. Maybe even in my lap while sitting in a cabin. It's a very small detail that can have huge benefits. I also have Voile straps for my Yeti so it can be easily removed and refilled...

20190129_123127.jpg
20190129_123132.jpg

pygmypony

I have a Big Agnes 3rd Degree foam pad and a Thermarest NeoAir XTherm. The XTherm has the highest R-Value of any inflatable pad. And it weighs a pound, which is insane light.
nice! my version from 20 years ago probably has half (if that) the insulating property, weighs twice as much, and isn't holding air anymore...time for an upgrade! i'm getting prepped for the 2020 Fat Epic!

Kaleidopete

What's happening over here? 26 days to go. That's what's happening. Holy fuck.

Now's a great time to completely re-evaluate your gear and change everything. This one is a pretty simple hack. Swapped back to standard anything cages with presta valve nuts behind them to create strap space. This will allow me to pull the bag off the cage in seconds and fumble with it's contents away from bike. Maybe even in my lap while sitting in a cabin. It's a very small detail that can have huge benefits. I also have Voile straps for my Yeti so it can be easily removed and refilled...

View attachment 86666View attachment 86667
I like the tire tube slip overs on the straps.

Top Bottom