Jim Vreeland sightings...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I saw Jim on his road bike today...

were you?

I rode by Efinger's on my way to climb Steel Gap Road. I saw someone else later during the same ride as I was coming back from climbing Johnson Drive in Warren. I waved. He was on a Cannondale MTB. I also saw a few Ideal Tile guys (they're too cool for helmets:rolleyes:)

Good day for a ride.

-Jim.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
.. saw a few Ideal Tile guys (they're too cool for helmets:rolleyes:)

If I owned idea tile and I knew my team guys were out doing reckless stuff in my team kit I would be pissed!!

Do you think they would be?

Ask them. I bet a polite email would go a long way.

Here is their e-mail:

idealtile@aol.com

MTBTyler

I know when my bus is late when I see Jim drive by the bus stop. I wave but he has never waves back:mad: stop paying attention to the road man!! hahaha

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Nah son I saw you as I was riding off of Mountain Top!! I literally turned on to Newmans to head home and I saw the 29er kit, so I screamed but you were already going down hill.

Pretty good tempo for riding up Steele Gap - it's much easier now that it's PAVED ;)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
How did the test go Jim?

I wanted to :cry:

Step one was 3 minute intervals. You pedal @ 90RPM at a certain wattage/heart rate and then every 3 minutes go 1 gear harder until you fail to hold 3 minutes. I thought that hurt. Step 2 was to take the info from the last 3 minute interval you made it all the way through and do a 20 minute TT. It feels uncomfortable for the first 10 minutes or so, the next 5 hurt, the next 2.5 you start to convulse on the bike, the last 2.5 I'm not sure how I didn't pass out and/or throw up. I was however pleased at my base fitness for how early in the season it is. I'm also pleased that I could go for a 2 1/2 hour bike ride in the hills after that:D

-Jim.

Wobbegong

I wanted to :cry:

Step one was 3 minute intervals. You pedal @ 90RPM at a certain wattage/heart rate and then every 3 minutes go 1 gear harder until you fail to hold 3 minutes. I thought that hurt. Step 2 was to take the info from the last 3 minute interval you made it all the way through and do a 20 minute TT. It feels uncomfortable for the first 10 minutes or so, the next 5 hurt, the next 2.5 you start to convulse on the bike, the last 2.5 I'm not sure how I didn't pass out and/or throw up. I was however pleased at my base fitness for how early in the season it is. I'm also pleased that I could go for a 2 1/2 hour bike ride in the hills after that:D

-Jim.

Sounds like you will acheive X-Men status this season. Your going mutant!

dhsean

Drooling mess!

If you saw a guy with a red wind breaker drooling on himself in the Chimney Rock area - that was me. :drooling:

I attacked the hills till I died. I always manage to see people when I'm going slow and drooling trying to recover and get back to the car. Pretty sure I heard a sonic boom out there. Must have been Jim's test. :D

Top Bottom