Jersey City - Hoboken area....?!?! Sunday AM's...?

J

joevibe

Anyone leave for rides from these areas...?

round valley and chimney rock are both great rides but it's an hour drive from JC area. Anyone down for some 10am rides...?

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Post up here more. I live in Weehawken and ride with a friend from Hoboken on weekends. Making it to the Trailhead usually 10-11 during these shorter days. I'm working at the getting up earlier thing. Unfortunately we didn't make it out this weekend. We ride a lot of different places and i tend to enjoy the more technical trails, whether i can do them or not. I'm a little more experienced then my friend, but he is coming along nicely. We ride a lot of different places and i tend to enjoy the more technical trails, whether i can do them or not. The pace is usually intermediate with somewhat frequent stops for trying sections over, or playing no sections. Usually we clock in 10-14 miles.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Normaly during the summer i switch between Mooch North, Ringwood, Wawayanda, Blue Mountain, Sourlands, and Mahlon Dickerson. Jungle Habitat seems fun too, but i got really lost on my first adventure there.

Between Fall - Winter - Spring i will mix in Allaire and Hartshorne if the weather makes them more suitable than the typical more rocky terrain.

S

Shar0se

I live in Hoboken and am always up for taking the ride out the trails with someone else. I pretty much ride all the parks you guys have listed. :)

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I live in Hoboken and am always up for taking the ride out the trails with someone else. I pretty much ride all the parks you guys have listed. :)

My girlfriend actually traded some PM's or emails with you about that. VTalum.

I do some road rides leaving out of north bergen on sat-sun mornings. right now into my BASE mileage. So the rides are from 4-5 hours long. at a avg pace of 15-16 miles prhr. If anyone is interested please reply. My ride usually involves about 70-80 miles.

Last edited:
J

joevibe

I'm down for an hour/ hour an half ride this Sunday if anyone is around... leaving from JC - let me know

9-10am leave time...? trail head at 11???

idbrian

Crotch Rot
My rides usually last longer than that. I try to get as much as i can in if i'm traveling an hour out and hour back.

M

mkrev

Hoboken

I live in Hoboken and ride almost every Sat & Sun. Since becoming a father I have to get out early and back before 1. Usually leave around 7am, rides at Allamuchy, Ringwood / Skyline, JH, and Waywayand. 3-4 four hour ride time. Occasional road ride up to 9w if trail conditions are bad but mountain almost always wins out.

R

rltrock

Same schedule here

Mkrev -- same deal here. Father of two living on the UWS. Always up for a morning ride, back early. Have car.

trener1

I'm in Brooklyn, but I head out through the Holland tunnel for many of my rides, so I'd be up for joining/car pooling for some rides.

J

joevibe

I'm in Brooklyn, but I head out through the Holland tunnel for many of my rides, so I'd be up for joining/car pooling for some rides.

trenner - let me know when you're around....

I can do earlier.. also can do Hartshorne as well

trener1

I'm joining the Kittatiny ride tomorrow, I can pick you up near the tunnel if you want to join/carpool.

Top Bottom