lou_b_83

It is leafy

Went on a ride. Good ride. This is a fun trail.:D

Attachments

• Riding pics 005.jpg
    Riding pics 005.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 386

jinx

there is a lot of good riding up there, a lot of the trails are not on the map. at the first fork go left up the hill once at the top there are a number of trails the go from there.

freeride

I found this trail about 3 weeks ago. It is a good fire road with alot of wash out.
this place is in the nj hiker book too. has potential as epic to hook up w/deer park & stephens

lou_b_83

The only mtb is from the mountain lake side. The place needs a lot of help. Fire road is almost un-ridable. I needs some switch backs going up the mountain. I would love to help to develop this place.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My buddy lives on the "shades of death" rd. and has tried to convince park officials to restore and develop trails in the park. His take is that their not very MTB friendly. Too bad as there is plenty to put together some rugged trails. The climb up from ghost lake would match cardiac, plus location of the park would make just another great place that's 5 mins. away for me.

lou_b_83

I was trying get in touch with some one to let us (Mountain bikers) go and work on the rails. Not even to move them just clean them up. No one ever got back to me. I tried for 2 or 3 months. That place has a great lay out for some great trails. I was thinking of doing it without asking but that would make mountain bikers look bad so I didn't.

JohneeOxford

Shop: Marty's, H-Town
Shop Keep
I lived on Jenny Jump mountain near 517 and had one end of a fire road as a trailhead into my property, explored the whole top of that place.. major potential for some awesome riding.. I never rode the trail from the lake though, lot of hikers that didnt look too happy when I pulled in on my bike. And that little spigot house thingy on the end of the bend by the the trailhead... I watched my friend and another guy rebuild that, and when they dismantled the old one... lil rodent skeletons and sludge in there.. EEeeewwW!

Laura T

Jenny Jump

I would love to help to develop this place.

Mee! meee! oh, pick me! Jenny Jump is in my back yard. I can roll out of my driveway, ride down the street a bit, then ride up the old carriage road from the Hope side all the way to the top of the mountain and over to Route 611 (Great Meadows side).

It is very rugged -- the trails are not maintained. I will go up there this afternoon. A few years ago the NJ Trails Conservancy (I think) marked out a trail that cuts from the east side in a westerly direction. Rideable, but difficult. I have ridden up there quite a bit. Attached is a Google Map with a "fake" GPS line of the trails I've ridden. Showing from my driveway located very close to the center of the town of Hope. I have also ridden in the section of park that connects to Ghost Lake, although I'm not sure if mtn biking is officially permitted up there. But, the vibe I've gotten is that no one really cares if you ride up there or not.

Attachments

• Jenny Jump w Fake GPS.jpg
    Jenny Jump w Fake GPS.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:

freeride

But, the vibe I've gotten is that no one really cares if you ride up there or not.
The story I heard is that a man told his kid "Jenny Jump" to avoid contact from the natives, then suffered an untimely death. You hear this too, or is it hogwash like e.j. korvetees? (eight yada yada...)

lou_b_83

I just got off the phone with the Superintendent of Jenny Jump State Forest. It sound like we will be getting some more mountain bike trails there. I am going to sit down with him next month to talk about the trail and such. I am just looking to get a head count of people that would help out to rebuild this place. So If you are interested please chime in.

Also chime in if you would ride here if trail do get opened up.

Thanks

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Assume a bunch of people here are interested, and of course keep us posted. We'll do what we can to rally the troops when they are needed.

lou_b_83

I am planing a ride up there on Sunday the 3rd to get a gps map of the trails. If anyone wants to join me I will be getting there around 7:30 (Weather Permitting) at the Mountain lake lot. It will be a slow ride but I want to try and get most of the trails if not all.

WARNING: The first hill is very steep and we will have to go up and down it. Be ready for it:D

If you are interested please post

pedals

I'd be there to help clean the trails too. Just keep us posted. It does sound promising. I'd love to ride w you to check it out, though not sure if I can make Sunday.. Maybe another day.

lou_b_83

I think that I might skip this weekend to. It is only going to get to 20 for a temp with high winds. That does not sound like fun. If I do go I will be at the lot about 7:15am but I don't think I will. We will see:)

Top Bottom