James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...I did that thing where I wake up and go to sleep in different states. Like last time, those 2 states are NJ and VT. I am currently sitting on a couch in Rutland, Vermont.

The write up can be found here. That pretty much covers everything we did today, with a few exceptions.

We did tweak the survey a little and rolled it out to some JORBA reps. The overall feedback has been positive so this is going to hold serve over the weekend before being rolled out in a bigger way next week. I have some specific aims in doing this and they will be captured in this. Jason has additional aims which he has rolled up into it. He really took this thing to a higher level and kudos to him for that. When this is all said & done I will talk more about it but I want to keep that on the DL until we are done.

I did ride day 2 of the 31 today. I am going to try to ride the MTB more than the road bike for this 31/31 challenge.

y6V5TiF.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...we are still in Vermont. You may get tired of hearing me say this. I probably won't be able to do much about that.

Day 2 of the vacation can be seen here. We did a new trail system, the Slate Valley Trails in Poultney, the Fairgrounds sector. I like the word sector.

FIL update is a good one today. He was moved out of critical care in the past few days and is now in the neurology section. He is being more responsive and he can swallow and tried to talk. At this point he can't and that may not be for a while, even though the doctor told him today that he could possibly be doing that in a few weeks. He stayed up today for 4 hours straight which is the longest he has been awake so far. It's not all roses and cotton candy but from an objective viewpoint this is absolute progress. Thanks again for the well wishes. D and I both appreciate them.

That said I hate when her phone rings now. No news is good news, usually.

Z3jzJPi.jpg

serviceguy

Today

...we are still in Vermont. You may get tired of hearing me say this. I probably won't be able to do much about that.

Day 2 of the vacation can be seen here. We did a new trail system, the Slate Valley Trails in Poultney, the Fairgrounds sector. I like the word sector.

FIL update is a good one today. He was moved out of critical care in the past few days and is now in the neurology section. He is being more responsive and he can swallow and tried to talk. At this point he can't and that may not be for a while, even though the doctor told him today that he could possibly be doing that in a few weeks. He stayed up today for 4 hours straight which is the longest he has been awake so far. It's not all roses and cotton candy but from an objective viewpoint this is absolute progress. Thanks again for the well wishes. D and I both appreciate them.

That said I hate when her phone rings now. No news is good news, usually.

Z3jzJPi.jpg
Great to hear of the improvement. Happy 4th of July to you both and families, including the MTBNJ.com family off course.

Ah, the unexpected phone calls! Once you had a bad one it’s never going to be the same, unfortunately. Not a club you can be happy to belong to.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...I am tired. Woke up in Vermont. Going to bed in New Hampshire. Bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?

Spent the day in Stowe. Day 3 of the vacation can be found here. Recap is: Rutland, Coffee Barn, Capers, Cady Hill, Adams Camp, Ranch Camp, then NH.

D broke a spoke on her rear wheel which I am not too too concerned with but it's a bladed spoke which throws a little monkey wrench in this, because they are hard to find. I am going to try to get something to just hold serve until we can get the right spoke in there. I am sure we'll be fine.

I don't have much left in me so this is it. The WiFi here is capricious at best, so the blog post took 3x longer than it normally would due to the images taking 9 hours to load. Not really.

jEgroSv.jpg

gcab

Fun loop! How was Kimmers? I haven’t gotten to get on that. Ted’s is more fun I think going back toward the Trapp Lodge, but Haul-a-Palooza is definitely cool, the skinny up that big rock toward the end of it is intimidating. I sheared a chain ring bolt when I was last at Stowe last and had to ride all of pipeline toward the high school with no pedaling which was fun, can’t imagine climbing it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the skinny up that big rock toward the end of it is intimidating.

Well that's a bit of an understatement. Last time I was here that was not there. I saw that yesterday and thought to myself, "My got, what balls these people grow around here." It is beyond sick.

Going down Cheddar/Kimmers is sort of the payoff on that Adams Camp side. You must do that. We meant to take Trapps back but I underestimated the length of this ride. I think if I did it again I'd park at the end of the town trail, go up and do Adams Camp loop, back through Trapps, down Pipeline, then end with Cady Hill. Then take the town trail back to the car. I don't think I'll climb Pipeline again.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

I rode my bike a bunch again. Almost 21 miles and almost 3 hours at the Green Woodlands Foundation in NH. This place is really awesome. You should go here.

The day 4 blog post is up here.

It was one of those rides after which I was pretty much set on eating what-the-hell-ever I wanted for the rest of the day. I am now starting to work up to that point where I need to make sure I have enough energy for the following day's big ride.

Met up with Joy & Steve for both the ride and dinner tonight. We were in NH last year with them as well.

mMb4kxo.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...we've arrived at the Kingdom. Good stuff. Day 5 of trip today. Write up can be found here.

We're here with the team so I am not going to spend too much time on this. The sun has set and the cool air is coming in and it feels great.

cLjjtwu.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...we rode Kingdom Trails again. Did some new trails and some old trails. Managed "only" 2.5 hours today. This was a perfectly long ride but it seems short considering what we've been putting together recently.

Blog write-up can be found here.

zWr3mfk.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...it was supposed to rain in Vermont, and it did. Just not between 8am and like 6 pm. So we got to ride and were out there for 3 hours of rolling time. The recap can be eounf here.

I won't lie, I'm getting a little tired.

We had a team meeting tonight at the house. We didn't really decide too much but we did talk about a few things. I think the one thing is that we're going to do a Jungle group ride in a few weeks. More details to come later.

LfiWp9v.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...I am starting to forget what day it is. The blog says day 8, which you can read about here.

The plan was to ride the trails then the downhill park, but they didn't open the downhill park so we stayed on the trails for 2.5 hours. It's a good thing these trails are awesome.

The rain hit us overnight and it was super moist out. But I am seeing the weather pretty much everywhere else in the East Coast and I guess I should feel lucky. It's not too bad.

KhRC1Y9.jpg

Top Bottom