James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

I don't have too much today, yesterday was hectic.

I did put together this post on the race from the promoter's lens:
Mooch Madness from the Promoter’s Lens

Will discuss dropper more next week, but the main problem I have now is that I currently have 4 droppers in this house, and none of them are 31.6. So this experiment just got more expensive.

NICA decision will be made today at 12, so we'll know what the weekend looks like soon.

I was in an 8.5 hour meeting yesterday, but managed to skip out for a 2 hour bike ride. I stopped around halfway to check in and I see, "Oh the schedule may have changed again," but thankfully I did not need to give my presentation in my o&b underoos in Loantaka Park.

Sean-2-2-1024x683.jpg

i've got a 31.6 i think - from the tallboy - it is internal tho.

i need to meme-up that pic of Sean - maybe to banner size if i come up with something "good" - don't tell him.
Minimally, magic-select is going to put him somewhere interesting.

I'm going to defer on the cx-dropper conversation again, though I need an external 31.6 not internal in order to try it. I may also be building up a 3rd cx bike this year, where the 3rd would be a beater but that may end up with the dropper and since it's an aluminum frame I can drill the crap out of it since it's worth about $50 on a good day. We'll see what parts I end up with after the first 2 are rebuilt.

32D0ECF1-1389-41F5-BEBA-ABA3978A681A.jpeg

Weekend

The weekend was a wash, literally. On Friday they cancelled the NICA weekend which changed our plans considerably. I ended up Zwifting all 3 days, for a total of 5 hours on the bike. I guess I'm happy that I can still churn out hours as-needed but Sunday morning I felt pretty unmotivated and didn't want to be inside during the month of May while trying to get hours. Like I said, indoor race is fine. Indoor volume is less ideal but I am trying to hit another 60 in May. So I turn the pedals.

Started watching Westworld this weekend. So far so good.

Not sure what day this was. Oh wait, it was Friday, as @UtahJoe came over to cannibalize my bike for his race on Saturday and then took my bike because the bearings are off the hook bad. He ate some of these so I remember now, it was Friday:

AFE12415-3407-4899-89F9-6C7F64BD876F.jpeg

Saturday started with an early morning 2 hour ride then I went to volunteer for Julia's swim team stuff. Julia was at home in bed on her phone while I was running the timer on lane 3 with the Ocean County YMCA (OCY) volunteers. I stood for 4 hours and 20 minutes, which is really hard to do especially after putting in 2 hard hours.

F80E935F-1046-497C-A32D-6C49C5F507EC.jpeg

We were then supposed to go pre-ride the NICA course with the team but that never happened so I went home, took Julia to Acme, we bought stuff, then we made creamy potato soup together. Then I broke down and mowed the lawn.

Later in the day @jmanic and I had a conversation about this. We've come to the conclusion that we really don't know who Charlie is, but he's not really trying very hard to NOT be found.

FAC66D03-C6F9-4872-90BB-A5D50ADFC41B.jpeg

Sunday I woke up, spun 2 hours, then we went to the high school to see one of the kids they know in a dance performance. She was not in this one. This one was pretty ridiculous.

3FEF108D-501A-4B28-954C-257C026F7A34.jpeg

Came home, ate lunch, then went to see Endgame, which was a tad of a disappointment to me. I'm not going to ruin the movie by talking about it other than to say everyone dies in the end and the world is now ruled by some weird French dude named Charlie who dresses like Waldo.

Ran home, then immediately went out to go to the pharmacy, gas station, Chinese market, and Acme. Then home and back out to pick up Simon who had travel soccer tryouts in this awful weather (note: it was the right call to cancel NICA this weekend). Then played a game and brought Julia back.

The weekend was a bit of a wash but you need those. At the same time I can't help but think that Sunday was just a bridge to Monday to get back to something resembling decent weather. At least the sun is out now.

Now I guess the full court press starts on the Stewart race.

Didn't Endgame get good reviews? Like you, i was disappointed. Had to watch it a second time to see if I missed something. 5+ hrs i wont get back....

Didn't Endgame get good reviews? Like you, i was disappointed. Had to watch it a second time to see if I missed something. 5+ hrs i wont get back....
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

I have tickets for tonight. I do not want to see any spoilers. Some asshole already put an end game spoiler in a GOT recap and, if I could track him down, I would beat the ever living crap out of him.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

I have tickets for tonight. I do not want to see any spoilers. Some asshole already put an end game spoiler in a GOT recap and, if I could track him down, I would beat the ever living crap out of him.
Not for nothing, but it has been out for 10 days. Not sure how you have been on the internet and not seen something to spoil. The only thing I’ll say is it is nothing of a disappointment. 2nd viewing confirmed such.

Not for nothing, but it has been out for 10 days. Not sure how you have been on the internet and not seen something to spoil. The only thing I’ll say is it is nothing of a disappointment. 2nd viewing confirmed such.
Because people have been nice enough to realize not everyone got a ticket for opening weekend and have been posting "spoiler alert... Read no further" and I can avoid it. It's when you go to check out other things (I don't know.. like MTB blogs and GOT recaps) and then people post shit. We have a spoiler button on here. USE IT.

Because people have been nice enough to realize not everyone got a ticket for opening weekend and have been posting "spoiler alert... Read no further" and I can avoid it. It's when you go to check out other things (I don't know.. like MTB blogs and GOT recaps) and then people post shit. We have a spoiler button on here. USE IT.

Nobody posted a spoiler. Why are you so worked up?

I don't want someone to accidentally spoil something. I think the spoiler I did hear is going to change how I view this movie and that sucks.

I don't want someone to accidentally spoil something. I think the spoiler I did hear is going to change how I view this movie and that sucks.
Can you post the spoiler you heard, using the spoiler button, so it doesn't spoil it?
Axeing for a friend.

But you spoke of Charlie already... French Charlie in Wakanda.... that was the biggest spoiler of all!
Joy knows I am kidding right? Sometimes bad jokes are hard to decipher. Is she going to kill me?

Can you post the spoiler you heard, using the spoiler button, so it doesn't spoil it?
Axeing for a friend.
ok Dan and whoever else clicked... The spoiler I heard was
Tony Stark dies. The GOT connection was the Stark last name. It was a two parter: May Tony Stark and all of Winterfell RIP and then the Tony Stark can't wait for the internet to talk about him Monday... Arya Stark says hold my beer.

and I didnt even get to the bearings yet...

I have taken OPI stems apart like 200 times in the past 8 years....this is a first

My house is the Cannondale scalpel equivalent of Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (LOOK IT UP)

I have 1 bike with an OPI stem. If I should run into a problem removing it, I'll be in touch.

But you spoke of Charlie already... French Charlie in Wakanda.... that was the biggest spoiler of all!
Joy knows I am kidding right? Sometimes bad jokes are hard to decipher. Is she going to kill me?

yes.

Back
Top Bottom