I've got myself all Crossed up...

BiknBen

It's that time of year again. My Surly Cross-Check is morphing from Rain/commuter bike and going back to its roots as a CycloCross bike.

IMG_2842Small.jpg

The King headset is over ten years old. It is truly an install and forget component. It was one three of four other bikes before this one.
IMG_2844Small.jpg

Dura-Ace 9-Speed shifters and Paul brakes.
IMG_2843Small.jpg

XTR rear der. and a road cassette??? :scared: All the 9-speed stuff is inter-changeable.
IMG_2845Small.jpg

Since it is often my commuter bike, I have to let everyone know how I feel about cars.
IMG_2847Small.jpg

THATmanMANNY

Where do you order/buy custom decals like that?

The x-check is nice. I believe one of the mech's (tony i think) at bike-n-gear had a sweet beige colored one.

BiknBen

Where do you order/buy custom decals like that?

That sticker was courtesy of Bike Rag magazine. I snagged it at a bike festival. They don't offer them any more. They had to tone it down a notch when their sticker proclaiming, "Ride a Fvcking bike" started appearing on gas pumps and the like. :rolleyes:

I bet a Google search would turn up sources of custom stickers. :hmmm:

ArmyOfNone

YES!!!!!! You have been just stringing me along all this time!

C'mon cross!

I have to get into the shop this week and put the final touches on for the weekend.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Sweet!! Cyclocrossing!!

Oh and for those who want stickers, Pearl Izumi is doing a bunch of "anti-car" stuff, including one that says "Signal to cars" and has a middle finger up, I had it on my bike but removed it because it's not the message we need to send...

-Jim.

C.Puncher

Any one in for the Hillbilly Hustle in Elmer, N.J? Sun. Oct 5th.
This is where I bring the Gun to the Knife fight..............Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Roger,

Right click on the image in the link you posted and then click "view image". Then copy the URL and use the IMG tag:

n1320290635_30135622_8071.jpg

al415

Banned
I got this last year, it's built up with chorus 9sp. This year I may even get my lazy ass around to racing it!

1590808622_1a409e6ae3.jpg

1590808016_c41c3ab5d4.jpg

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I got this last year, it's built up with chorus 9sp. This year I may even get my lazy ass around to racing it!

1590808622_1a409e6ae3.jpg

1590808016_c41c3ab5d4.jpg
This thing feels like a rocketship. Hope you do get out to some races this season, it'll be a hoot.

al415

Banned
This thing feels like a rocketship. Hope you do get out to some races this season, it'll be a hoot.

Actually, the way I ride, it feels more barge-like! But I get your drift. I've decided only to attend races that have a ready supply of beer.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I got one too..

That yeti is killer..

Cross is the the new 29 I think??

J_

Attachments

• J crosser (1 of 3).jpg
    J crosser (1 of 3).jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Nice crosscheck ben, i dig mine (set up fixed)

Attachments

• crosscheck 08.JPG
    crosscheck 08.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 209
Top Bottom