It's true.........I'm a 29'er!!

walter

Fourth Party
no, flip-flopping. would you keep the mary ss and the c-dale geared, or reverse the roles?

Keep it the way it is. My mary is my goto bike and since I primarily ride alone, I like to ride the ss. I really only ride the gearie on group rides or when I go somewhere I have never been.

Not that the Cannondale is a bad bike, I just prefer the Mary that much more. Its so hard to believe something so cheap(in the beginning) and simple can be such a great bike.

I think FFT is really going to enjoy it, especially since he lives down here.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
What's next..

Keep it the way it is. My mary is my goto bike and since I primarily ride alone, I like to ride the ss. I really only ride the gearie on group rides or when I go somewhere I have never been.

Not that the Cannondale is a bad bike, I just prefer the Mary that much more. Its so hard to believe something so cheap(in the beginning) and simple can be such a great bike.

I think FFT is really going to enjoy it, especially since he lives down here.

The Mary has been such a crazy bike. I have seen quite a few guys ditch their multi thousand dollar bikes to ride this sub $1000 bike.

I have seen quite a few folks completely rebuild this bike over time such that the only original part is the frame. For me this is where Niner is such a good fit. Their frames are within reach in terms of price but they are quite a bit nicer than the Haro.

j-

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Mary has been such a crazy bike. I have seen quite a few guys ditch their multi thousand dollar bikes to ride this sub $1000 bike.

I have seen quite a few folks completely rebuild this bike over time such that the only original part is the frame. For me this is where Niner is such a good fit. Their frames are within reach in terms of price but they are quite a bit nicer than the Haro.

j-

the mary is SUCH a sweet ride. i would encourage you to try the mary bars. i rode them for a year and really liked them a lot. then...freakin' walt...i rode his. blam. flat bars. anyway...

...that's the exact route i'm going. my expensive 26" bike sits...and the mary gets all the love. on tap this year is new wheels, a reba, and some carbon. basically the only thing left will be the frame.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Weird. You're a big bike dude.

Yea, bike bike guy w/ a big beer gut. Hello 29, good bye gut. and I doubt the 29 will see much of the DH or DJ scene..........

I'll use the new rig primarily for spinning through Allaire with my friends from around the block.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Good ride today, I got 4 hours in with short sleeves on. Gotta love December.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Yes Walt....lot of standing water in the usual spots, but very rideable. We stayed off the wet trails.

I wish more would ride the loops across the street too, its bone dry over there.

walter

Fourth Party
Yes Walt....lot of standing water in the usual spots, but very rideable. We stayed off the wet trails.

I wish more would ride the loops across the street too, its bone dry over there.

Sweet, thank you sir.

Top Bottom