It's TM, but midweek. Brilliant! Wed 7/9 6pm.

J-Dro

Taking advantage of the extended daylight, we will be holding a midweek TM session this Wed at 6pm. Most likely we'll stick to a lighter project like trimming back the overgrowth and/or removing some downed trees from last weeks thunderstorms. We plan to work until about 8pm or so. Meet up at the usual East Mountain Road lot (BTW, E. Mountain road is freshly paved and open from Rt 601 now).

JORBA thanks you in advance.:cool:

rick81721

Lothar
Needs it! Just got back - cleared 4 smaller trees off the white trail from markers 12-10. There's two leaners that look dangerous right before the armoring job before marker 9 we did earlier this year. Big tree down on red off white trail marker 4 - no chance with my folding saw on that one:

media

Even bigger trees down on white right before trail head - after last little boardwalk. Couldn't get any further that direction so may be more down past it.

PS should be there wednesday

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I looped up from the trail head to boulderama today. Lots of opportunity for trimming, hand saws, and just moving stuff. Clear below the tree at the red/white junction Rick mentioned. And clear on Red from that tree to the pipeline. (except for all the rocks that need to be moved off the trail :))

there are a couple of "bad" sections (the tops of trees) over the white trail after the boulders going CCW.

decent shape on the old trail, there is a scary leaner at the top of the far right red trail (3amigos?) at the fence line.

Last edited:

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I plan on being there for this.

I <3 Sourlands and of course, I dig. :D

I may be a little late depending on traffic but I'm hoping to sneak out of work early. ;)

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Trails are all clear thanks to Ranger Chris and Jeff's crew. Think Jeff has a pic of the mess at the end of the white trail on the last boardwalk. This was on red

927105_341989242620415_449027430_n.jpg

J-Dro

Rick & Mike are standing on a buried boardwalk believe it or not. Mother Nature threw quite a tantrum last week. All cleaned up now thanks to George, Vanessa, Mike, Rick, and of course, Ranger Chris. uploadfromtaptalk1404992099861.jpg

rick81721

Lothar
thanks!!!

looks like a pruners would have been a little out matched haha

Dave we pruned a bunch of those berry/rose thorns on the pipeline that have been shredding my legs and arms. Too bad about that area in Jeff's pic - it looks totally different now - huge trees there went down like dominos and really opened the canopy.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions