It's raining :(

ellbiddy

It's supposed keep raining all night and again tomorrow night :mad2: So much for an enjoyable weekend ride, maybe I'll just hike around the trails in my rain boots :hmmm: BTW who ever owns that bag near the cement bridge....I sure hope the box it was in got covered or picked up before this rain started. I guess I'll just wait out the storm knowing I have some new toys on the way :drooling: Ordered a fuel ex 8, a new workstand, rack for my new car and some spiffy new hubs (pro 2's) shame I won't get a chance to take them out this weekend as they should be here tomorrow (God bless saturday deliveries :D)

One last thing, I've been trying to find where the importable (into google earth) GPS data is stashed and I've had no luck, anyone care to point me to it.

ArmyOfNone

yea forget about it...it just dumped on us w/in the last 30 min. 6MR will be a mess for sure.

Check my motionbased stuff and you will be able to dl the files there. I think you need to save them as .kmz

ellbiddy

Got them, thanks :).

I've found a new rainy weather hobby. I set up a small obstacle course in my basement (really tight) and practiced my trackstands and turning at slow/zero speeds. My record so far is 4 times around the place without putting a foot down :getsome: I think my GF is going to sock me once she sees all the tire marks on the floor though :scared:

PS: I found a new video of 6MR on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekFJXt_86gs it's really shakey, but worth a watch i guess :)

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

sure glad the weather man was WRONG! cant beat the weather this past weekend considering it was to be a wash.

ellbiddy

Yeah, I got suckered into just running :drooling: ....and some domicile trials riding hah. Woot at my new bike though, I'm in love. Just need a Downhill bike and a nice road bike and my collection will be complete :cool:

Sircrashalot

sure glad the weather man was WRONG! cant beat the weather this past weekend considering it was to be a wash.

Went over to 6MR to see how it would look. Went to canal side. Was nice and dry as long as you didnt take the leg right down by the water with the long board walk. Rode the section of trail we all built last month for the first time. It has held up/worn in GREAT and is awesome. Holy logstacles batman!!! SOme park benches have been put in here and there that hikers and tired bikers will love. The new trail followed by the new piece from last year was awesome and we got almost 8 miles in, all on that side of Middlebush, and we turned around at the wide stream. The canal side is now lotsa fun too!

Sircrashalot

Pearl you'll find it no problem coming from the ranger station you cant miss it....Easy the other way too- I had trouble finding it after coming from the other side of middlebush, but then again I get lost in the mall a lot.

ellbiddy

I just got back from scouting it out. Everything on the blue trail is in awesome condition, but the yellow trail is a mucky mess once you pass that long bridge from the blue trail. There's also a brand spanking new pile of crap in the middle of the blue trail couple miles in from canal side, I didn't have anything to move it with and I wasn't in the mood to kick it....so beware ;)

Sircrashalot

I just got back from scouting it out. Everything on the blue trail is in awesome condition, but the yellow trail is a mucky mess once you pass that long bridge from the blue trail. There's also a brand spanking new pile of crap in the middle of the blue trail couple miles in from canal side, I didn't have anything to move it with and I wasn't in the mood to kick it....so beware ;)

You can go the other way and avoid that altogether (the mucky mess)......

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
thats good to know im getting my bike back from my cousin at kims...had real bad shifting problems cause i mangled the rear DR and a pin hole air/fluid leak in the brake system up by the lever...but the shop is in new brunswick on rt27 so im headed there tomorrow...prob do the new side only rode it once...

TommyCrash

This is going to start something, but I don't care. Road w/ SirCrashaLot yesterday at 6M, canal side and it was f-ing great! I did notice a lot of HUGE piles of horse crap and shoe indents all over the trail. I understand multi-use, but I also understand that leaving a mountain of shit on a hiker/biker trail is...wrong! We bumped into a hiker with his dog and they couldn't be any friendlier. The at least 6 times our trails crossed it was always a greeting, smiles all around (even from the dog Murph) and we ran into a bird watcher on the trail at least twice. Again, friendly. We slowed to a trials like crawl and he moved out of the way out of courtesy. I didn't see any dog crap, dog prints, bird crap anywhere. And people think that bikers are evil trail destroyers. Glue, makeup and jell-o.

The Kalmyk

The first time I rode 6Mile was 1994 when it was nothing but hiking and equestrian trails....I think that should say something....Beside your making a big deal about nothing...Ride right thru it they only eat hay

TommyCrash

There are hoof shavings in jell-o. It's the ingredient that helps in congeal.:puke: I'm not really making a big deal, just stating a simple observation that I don't pull my pants down in the middle of the trail and pinch a loaf. A pile of shit is a pile of shit and it doesn't matter whats in it. 'You can't polish a turd' wether hays in it, what fido ate, or my dinner from last night. This is actually a great topic. Poop, next we can talk about farts. That always makes me laugh.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions