It's here, it's here, it's finally here! (new SRAM AXS drivetrain)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Prices haven't definitely gone up, even adjusted for inflation. I spent about $3300 on my full XTR Indy Fab Deluxe back in 1997 - roughly $6200 in 2023 money. And that bike had pretty much the best parts available at the time. Today, $6200 will buy you a good bike, but not full XTR. That said, a Spot Rocker 6 Star XTR is about $1000 more, so maybe not too far off... although Spot is a direct-consumer brand and my IF was through a shop, so not exactly the same.
$6200 in 2023money but $18,000 in 2021 money. I seeIbis built a factory here to comabat inflation. Now that the fed has been hiking rates and the dollar is so valuable they are offering an overseas built Exie at a hefty discount.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
My understanding is the cassette is all new and is matched with the new flat top chain (also no interchangeable).

You can use a Transmission RD and Shifter with a current Eagle everything else. Chain has to match the cassette and chainring so Eagle to Eagle and Flat Top to Flat Top. That's why you can run mullet and mixed groups on gravel bikes.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You can use a Transmission RD and Shifter with a current Eagle everything else. Chain has to match the cassette and chainring so Eagle to Eagle and Flat Top to Flat Top. That's why you can run mullet and mixed groups on gravel bikes.
Is it the same as the flat top road chains?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So will an original xx1rear derailleur work with the updated chainring and cassette with the non flattop chain?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
No. Cassette and chain need to match.
Looks like it inconsiderably heavier as well. Although the rear derailleur is $125 cheaper than axs xx1. The old rear derailleur is 345 grams with battery. New one is 440. Old crank is 435 new one is 475.

Last edited:

zmartene

Looks like it inconsiderably heavier as well. Although the read d is $125 cheaper thanks xx1. The old rear d is 345 grams with battery. New one is 440. Old crank is 435 new one is 475.
I'll pour 100mL out of my water bottle to make up the difference

Top Bottom