It's here, it's here, it's finally here! (new SRAM AXS drivetrain)

But I like my current MT. I just ordered new bling-wheels for it.
I need/want a new road bike before I even start thinking about a new mtn bike. Any deals on Orca AXS models left?
Stop by. Let’s chat they chatty chat

Many people have custom frames from small builders who would; not everyone wants mass market bikes.
Yes. My buddy just dropped $2K on carbon wheels for his 10 year old custom sized titanium/carbon road bike with rim brakes. o_O

Yes. My buddy just dropped $2K on carbon wheels for his 10 year old custom sized titanium/carbon road bike with rim brakes. o_O
I seriously considered custom wheels for my almost 30 year old Colnago with plans to go tubeless. The only thing that stopped me is no change in wheels will "fix" the 25c max tire clearance. I was also planning to upgrade from the 1992 Campy components to a newer Campy group as well. Both still might happen as I really love that bike.

@jdog - I'll try, but I'm currently working in NH again, so I'm rarely home at opportune times.

I seriously considered custom wheels for my almost 30 year old Colnago with plans to go tubeless. The only thing that stopped me is no change in wheels will "fix" the 25c max tire clearance. I was also planning to upgrade from the 1992 Campy components to a newer Campy group as well. Both still might happen as I really love that bike.

@jdog - I'll try, but I'm currently working in NH again, so I'm rarely home at opportune times.

I've done dozens of resto mod builds on these old road bikes with Sram AXS and they come out so friggin' good.

Many people have custom frames from small builders who would; not everyone wants mass market bikes.
Yes. My buddy just dropped $2K on carbon wheels for his 10 year old custom sized titanium/carbon road bike with rim brakes.
I've done dozens of resto mod builds on these old road bikes with Sram AXS and they come out so friggin' good.
This.

I have a 22 year-old Moots Vamoots that I can say I will never sell, and still really love to ride.

I dont know...Im with @jShort Bikes are CHEAP....We should be thankful to have such inexpensive hobbies that we can do for so much actual time....I took my son to a trial at a ninja warrior class that was $140 for 4 hours per month......Compare that to the time/use/all other good stuff....he gets by riding his bike.

I have said this many times....the money it costs me to spend 10hrs a week riding my bike compared to what it would cost me spending 60 min per week riding my MX bike.....Holy crap....this sport is like free

In 2011 when I bought my first GOOD/NEW race bike it was around $5000 and the TOP model that year was over $10,000. Now that there are things like live valve, axs, etc....yes, companies will offer you EVERYTHING and some crazy price.
100% agree.
I am in the process of transitioning out of head coach for the nica team I have lead for 4 seasons. One of the changes the new lead wants is to charge a team fee of $100, which is something I never wanted to do. It is $200 to register WITHOUT RACING, of which none of it goes to the team. We never charged a team and we raised money to cover the $55 jersey. Now they don’t want to do that either, so it would be $355 to join a team to ride around.
And we all know the 2nd year of nica is a conversation of how you need a $2k minimum bike. Like how many ways can we block people getting into riding.

Side note, some PA NICA teams charge up to $350!!!

What I said aside, I do agree with you in that...yes, I can totally justify spending $1500 on a bike for my kid seeing how much he uses it. But explaining that to a parent that isnt me...I hear you. Only good news is that it looks like the used market will be better this year.

So is this new transmission system only for frames that uses the UDH hanger only or it'll fit any frame that has a replaceable hanger?

I dont know...Im with @jShort Bikes are CHEAP....We should be thankful to have such inexpensive hobbies that we can do for so much actual time....I took my son to a trial at a ninja warrior class that was $140 for 4 hours per month......Compare that to the time/use/all other good stuff....he gets by riding his bike.

I have said this many times....the money it costs me to spend 10hrs a week riding my bike compared to what it would cost me spending 60 min per week riding my MX bike.....Holy crap....this sport is like free

In 2011 when I bought my first GOOD/NEW race bike it was around $5000 and the TOP model that year was over $10,000. Now that there are things like live valve, axs, etc....yes, companies will offer you EVERYTHING and some crazy price.

What I said aside, I do agree with you in that...yes, I can totally justify spending $1500 on a bike for my kid seeing how much he uses it. But explaining that to a parent that isnt me...I hear you. Only good news is that it looks like the used market will be better this year.
Not to mention the cost of a lift ticket at a ski resort now. Close to $200 at many new england resorts and $300 out west. Was half as much not too long ago.

compared to what it would cost me spending 60 min per week riding my MX bike
yeah but MX bike go BRAAAP. totally worth it.

as soon as I trade in my silly two door audi for a truck, dirt bike is moving way up on my list. Living in the south again where there are zero rocks makes moto a lot more appealing. It's at least a 2hr drive for me to ride anything decent for mtb which has really killed my motivation.

UDH only.
Oh shit, you know what that means...

IMG_8079.JPG

Not to mention the cost of a lift ticket at a ski resort now. Close to $200 at many new england resorts and $300 out west. Was half as much not too long ago.
$600 f'ing dollars for one day of snowboarding for the four of us. The wife and I were secretly relieved that the season was short.

TOTALLY worth it, im just saying....Relatively speaking, biking is pretty reasonable in terms of cost.
and ya as I just spent over $2000 for my Ikon passes for 2023/24 😂

as soon as I trade in my silly two door audi for a truck, dirt bike is moving way up on my list. Living in the south again where there are zero rocks makes moto a lot more appealing. It's at least a 2hr drive for me to ride anything decent for mtb which has really killed my motivation.
You realize moto injuries are way worse than mtb injuries, just sayin . With your track record and all 🤣

You realize moto injuries are way worse than mtb injuries, just sayin . With your track record and all 🤣
At least I can get hurt locally...tons of riding spots here. Ripping a calf muscle in half and then trying to drive a stick shift 2hrs back home is something I do not want to go through again lol.

I thought so. I only have one bike that uses UDH so I'm less tempted now.
I have none. And one thing I've done is all three of my mtn bikes are reasonably cross-compatible. All are 110/148 boost. All 12 spd w/ Shimano cassettes and chains. So wheels from any bike can go on any of the others with little more than a brake rotor change. If I toast a RD, I only need to keep one spare in the car if going on a trip or I can borrow it from another bike. All brakes are Shimano - not because I really think they're the best, but so I only need to carry one bleed kit. And so on...

Back
Top Bottom