It's here, it's here, it's finally here! (new SRAM AXS drivetrain)

JDurk

So looks like when I'm ready to throw down some coin, my '21/'22 Pivot T429v3 is good to go.
20230326_145023.jpg

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I see a bunch of people on FB Marketplace dumping their "near new" AXS drive train. Based on the fact that the exact components for sale are the same that come with the new AXS Transmission (cranks and chain ring, derailleur, chain, cassette, shifter) it's safe to assume they're all jumping on that bandwagon.

Ashcor

Was riding with a team from south jersey slumming it up here to gain a little hill/gnar time and they were talking about how a few members purchased only to find out it wasn't compatible on the >2020 high end Treks... Supposedly the drivetrain was supposed to be compatible with anything after 2020 but apparently not.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was riding with a team from south jersey slumming it up here to gain a little hill/gnar time and they were talking about how a few members purchased only to find out it wasn't compatible on the >2020 high end Treks... Supposedly the drivetrain was supposed to be compatible with anything after 2020 but apparently not.
I saw something about how it's not just the UDH but there's a lot of other things that have to be done such as spacing for the new cassette arrangement and not interfering with linkage, etc back there. Plus companies tend to concern themselves with the inside for derailleur compatibility but the outside of the swingarm may have had no thought to a future derailleur that attaches in double sheer.

I saw a comment by Cotic that was pissed as they were using an older revision of the UDH standard for their bikes and were unaware of the newer UDH standard. Like revision D vs revision F. So now their bikes aren't compatible.

Top Bottom