it's gametime

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm putting the hardrock through it's paces this afternoon which will determine whether or not i'm going to be able to keep it until spring or if i'm going to have to buy a new rig...today. i'm going to keep it simple, ride PP/LM and see what happens. i'll let you all know how it goes (since i know you'll be waiting with bated breath).

i've got my eye on an on one inbred if the hardrock fails. the big question i have is do i go 16" or 18". i claim to be 5"10...which i am...in shoes. :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
I've only seen it once, but that hardrock looked awful small for you. But you also had the original stem, which seemed to cramp cockpit. A little OT, but I saw John & Frank from Cycle Works this AM, and they are pricing out the 1fg for me.

ytc100

bonefishjake said:
i'm putting the hardrock through it's paces this afternoon which will determine whether or not i'm going to be able to keep it until spring or if i'm going to have to buy a new rig...today. i'm going to keep it simple, ride PP/LM and see what happens. i'll let you all know how it goes (since i know you'll be waiting with bated breath).

i've got my eye on an on one inbred if the hardrock fails. the big question i have is do i go 16" or 18". i claim to be 5"10...which i am...in shoes. :D

I'm going to say 18". I'm 5'7" with a 33" inseam (not pants size) and ride a 17" hardtail - fits perfect - and the 18" Trance - needed a 10mm shorter stem but still fits fine. All of the 16" frame measurements I've been looking at recently would be too small for me I think. Find the specs for your current bikes and compare their geometries to what you're looking at, especially effective TT length and Standover.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
wept, that wasn't a TOTAL disaster, but it also went as expected. a couple pop-PING! that made my pucker. while i like the feel of the bike, i'm going to wind up hurting myself...and in a bad way. i'm gonna post it for sale here for $450, leave it for a week, then it's gonna get parted out. now i have to figure out about the 16" v. 18" on one.

shaggzzz- yeah...that stem WAS miserable...a 50mm. but, since the bike is built for dirt jumping, i wasn't surprised. but, it did give me the 'fat guy in a little coat' feeling. :D btw, what the f is the 1fg?

ytc- i'm gonna measure. the hardrock is a 17" and does feel a bit on the smallish side so going with 18" may make sense. the fuel is 17.5 and feels right. but, like i said, i'll measure before i slap out a G for the bike.

Last edited:

heythorp

you need an 18".

1fg is a cannondale SS guess what the F stands for in 1FG

Its the bike you road at deer park. Cem has it.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
heythorp said:
you need an 18".
1fg is a cannondale SS guess what the F stands for in 1FG
Its the bike you road at deer park. Cem has it.

oohhh....ok. i didn't even fall and hit my head today.

Shaggz

A strong 7
bonefishjake said:
oohhh....ok. i didn't even fall and hit my head today.

LOL - I have some parts from my old jekyll laying around, most importantly, the lefty. Kirt posted up some great information about a steering tube converter which allows the lefty to work on almost any non-cdale frame. (one of) my problem(s) is that i love cannondale to a fault, and have to exhaust the c-dale frame option, which brings the 1f(awkin)g onto the radar.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shaggz said:
LOL - I have some parts from my old jekyll laying around, most importantly, the lefty. Kirt posted up some great information about a steering tube converter which allows the lefty to work on almost any non-cdale frame. (one of) my problem(s) is that i love cannondale to a fault, and have to exhaust the c-dale frame option, which brings the 1f(awkin)g onto the radar.

gotcha.

Top Bottom