It's Coming....

C

ctanderson

Me too. Stoked to be going back again for this. Most excellent.

I made it to the second one, my wife was at the first. Remember the guitarist
for soundgarden spitting on the audience. Ministry was my favorite from that
show. I think I may have to make a trip up for this, sounds great.

walter

Fourth Party
I made it to the second one, my wife was at the first. Remember the guitarist
for soundgarden spitting on the audience. Ministry was my favorite from that
show. I think I may have to make a trip up for this, sounds great.

Oh, you guys and your crazy rock music. The work of the devil I tell you.

Can the organizers try to get Yanni? He's great in an open aired setting.:D

Shaggz

A strong 7
Not too sure about Yanni, but I hear there will be some great exhibitors and sponsors at the festival.

C

ctanderson

Oh, you guys and your crazy rock music. The work of the devil I tell you.

Can the organizers try to get Yanni? He's great in an open aired setting.:D

Yanni? UGH! No talent hack. Who you should get is John Tesh. Now that
man knows how to tickle the ivories.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
So will the consumption of beer be permitted at this venue? I could see that as a huge selling point... ;)

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
So will the consumption of beer be permitted at this venue? I could see that as a huge selling point... ;)

No. This being the first festival, our concentration is 100% on riding. Alcohol is unfortunately prohibited in NJ State Parks. This was also a major reason we chose to do it as one full day instead of a weekend/camping event. There will be enough going on that no one will miss a few beers, trust me.

There are already discussions about future venues and extending it to a weekend, but this first year we are concentrating 100% on promoting New Jersey's diverse trail systems and getting people who ride together for some fun and games.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG

We wanted to have beer, however the State of NJ will not allow it at the concert field. Waterloo Village is not being run by the Dodge Foundation anymore, it is being run by NJ State Parks. Therefore, the liquor license that Waterloo Village had is gone and the normal NJ State Park rules on alcohol are in effect.

On the positive side, we plan on packing a bunch of action into that day -- tons of rides, clinics, events, demos, kid's stuff, etc. After everyone's had their fill of fun for the day, the Lockwood Tavern on Route 206 would love to have the business of a bunch smelly dirty mountain bikers in there. :)

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
and hey, if that fails i know smiles on rte. 46 has a "you drink, we drive policy"...i mean, if you're into that.

and before the comments start flying, i live by the damn place and see it on their sign like every day. i don't do petting zoos.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
now back to our regularly scheduled program...the festival

would the statement not have been "slightly" moderated if i had mentioned tuna or glue sticks?? :D

but, to be really OT, this festival is going to be a great time, brews or not. i'm looking forward to it.

BAIN

Ahhhh Waterloo! Way too many good times had at that venue.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeer Fests!

Lollapalooza 1 2 and 3
Phish 93 and 95
Allman Brothers and Rusted Root
Horde tour w Crowes and Ziggy Marley
Steve Kimock and Garaj Mahal
Dickey Betts
String Cheese Incident (twice)
moe. (twice)
Gov't Mule (twice)
Galactic
Deep Banana Blackout
Medeski, Martin and Wood (twice)
Disco Biscuits

My brain is running low this morning, I know there are more bands to add to that list, but Lollapalooza was my first real concert and that day was fun as hell. I went the second day that they added, I remember Siousxie cancelled the first day. I have a copy of the Jane's set on CD if anyone was at the second night.

ps Soundgarden and Ministry were at the 2nd Lollapalooza

NJMX835

Last time I was at a festival in Waterloo Village Concert Field was for the first Lollapalooza. Boy how times have changed.

Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction, what a great show that was.

Can you believe it was 16 years ago?

Top Bottom