It's alive, It's alive!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Frankenbike Lives!

Thanks to the generosity of the MTBNJ community my brother now has a rideable mountain bike (unlike the Next that he was going to buy:drooling:). Since I built it, I ‘m goin to give it a good thrashing at 6-mile before I turn it over to him:D. I have about $90 and a case of beer into it so far.

A big thanks to Clarkenstein who donated more than 75% of the bike (OK some beer was offered). Thanks also to DANSPANK and Miketrek6300 who sold me discounted parts, and to Kirt who donated (OK more beer offered) a fork that wound up not fitting (if anyone needs a Suntour XC with 7” of tube let me know, it’s nicer than the old old school RS Indy C that’s on it now:rofl:).

Well here it is:

Tim

Attachments

• Frankenbike.jpg
    Frankenbike.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 165

dualfisted

That's not a bad steed at all, especially with the price tag, however, sounds like you miss out on some beers outta the deal. I dig that frame.

J

Jeff

Do you happen to drive an M3, Tim? If so, Bravo on good taste :eek:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
hey tim

the build looks great! its nice to see the frame brought back to life, and this time with gears!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Do you happen to drive an M3, Tim? If so, Bravo on good taste :eek:

Jeff,

Yes, I have a 2001 convertible that is my baby. Great car, and a bast to drive. Looks like I'm going to have it for awhile, the new ones are priced out of sight.:mad:

Tim

J

Jeff

Jeff,

Yes, I have a 2001 convertible that is my baby. Great car, and a bast to drive. Looks like I'm going to have it for awhile, the new ones are priced out of sight.:mad:

Tim

Nice! I've got a vert as well. And yes, the 08s are a bit expensive for my taste as well. Though I don't much mind, as the e92s by all accounts are not nearly as 'raw' as the e46, which is one of the qualities that I like so much about it. Here's my gal...

Attachments

• whipster.JPG
    whipster.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 95

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Nice! I've got a vert as well. And yes, the 08s are a bit expensive for my taste as well. Though I don't much mind, as the e92s by all accounts are not nearly as 'raw' as the e46, which is one of the qualities that I like so much about it. Here's my gal...

Gah! The E46 M3's aren't raw! Hell, even the E36 M3's weren't all that raw. You want raw, get yer self a E30 M3...now that's raw :)

Any M3 is better than no M3...I miss every one I've had in the past :( I'm making due just fine, though, with a mildly tweaked E46 330Ci these days.

Oh, nice budget bike, BTW....

Top Bottom