itch'in to hit Moab in 2008

Molasses

After years and years of wanting to go I finally hit Gooseberry Mesa in October. I absolutely loved it and it seems as though I have been bitten by the bike trip bug. Anyone else thinking about heading to Moab this Spring or Fall? Want to get a support group together (you know to break it to the sign. others, children, pets, etc...) or a travel group together?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Doubt i'll make Utah next year (or norway, scotland, or BC for that matter) but a long weekend in west virginia or vermont is possible for me. Wouldn't mind getting a few guys together and doing a 3 or 4 day trip within driving distance.

D

DANSPANK

Sign me up. I'm determined even if I have to put it on the credit card. I'm fed up with putting things off - sign me up fopr that bad boy!

Molasses

When in the Summer?

Was it ungodly hot? I was thinking trying to do a long weekend during Memorial day...

Any pictures of Slickrock?

xc62701

I've been to Moab twice and I love that place. I was in St. George last year as well. I will go back ANY TIME! I've got a week off for spring break in which I could go if the weather is nice. The higher elevations could be in snow still. Memorial Day may work. I finish school June 25th. I can go any time after that :D

Just in case you were curious I've done:
Slickrock
Porcupine Rim
Klondike Bluffs
Poison Spider
Amasa Back to Jacobs Ladder to Hurrah Pass

Molasses

How crazy is Porcupine?

The write-ups have me spooked abit- I ride XC (SS- hardtail 99%) but did fine on Gooseberry, JEM, Church Rocks, Bearclaw Poppy Netowork, Goulds and Hurricane. Just seems like Porc is a downhill/freeride trail...

I am drooling to hit Slickrock, Amasa, Soveriegn, Poison Spider, Behind the Rocks, Barlett and Fins and Things- I guess lookig for a Slickrock experience (I just loooooved Gooseberry)

Here are a couple pics

S

Shar0se

I was in Moab in July and yes ungodly hot would be a good way to describe it- so I would avoid summer. Keep us posted......I didn't ride when I was there (meaning I had yet to start mtn biking at all) so of course I would love to go back with my bike. :)

T

triameleon

The write-ups have me spooked abit- I ride XC (SS- hardtail 99%) but did fine on Gooseberry, JEM, Church Rocks, Bearclaw Poppy Netowork, Goulds and Hurricane. Just seems like Porc is a downhill/freeride trail...

I am drooling to hit Slickrock, Amasa, Soveriegn, Poison Spider, Behind the Rocks, Barlett and Fins and Things- I guess lookig for a Slickrock experience (I just loooooved Gooseberry)

Here are a couple pics

Gooseberry is probably the best slickrock experience there is, many prefer it over the more famous slickrock trail. Fins and things might be better suited to motorized travel. Porcupine rim can be enjoyed on a hardtail, you will just get beat up more, but it's still a lot of fun. I am pretty sure there was a guy up there on a hardtail this fall with no front suspension! May have been a SS, can't be sure on that.

xc62701

I agree Gooseberry is a great trail. There is tons of slickrock to play on. There are some sweet fins out there to fall off of too. I did that on one and got my faced sliced a little when I tagged a tree limb on the way down. Great trail though for sure.

Top Bottom