It amazed me

lou_b_83

So it was just 1 week ago, I crack the rear swing arm on my Prophet.:cry: I was OK with it. It has a warranty and the shop said no problem to get a new one. But now I am actually sad that I don't have my bike. How can a person get so attached to a piece of metal with tires? I wont have the bike back for at least 3 more weeks and I just don't want to do anything. Has this ever happened to any of you or do I have a mental problem?:confused:

BiknBen

...How can a person get so attached to a piece of metal with tires? I wont have the bike back for at least 3 more weeks and I just don't want to do anything. Has this ever happened to any of you or do I have a mental problem?:confused:

This problem can be resolved by having multiple bikes. ;)

I suspect that there are many of us that have at least one bike in a state of disrepair at all times.

My road bike has a flat tire.

Last edited:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
when i cracked my fisher I had to rent a bike... just to have one in my posession...

antgold

when i cracked my fisher I had to rent a bike... just to have one in my posession...

it is unbelievable what happens to GF bikes-I know a rider getting his third frame
in a period of 9 month !
the internet is full of photos of broken GF frames :hmmm:

BiknBen

it is unbelievable what happens to GF bikes-I know a rider getting his third frame in a period of 9 month! The Internet is full of photos of broken GF frames :hmmm:

I hear you but keep in mind the number of bikes they put out on the road. Trek, Cannondale, Fisher, Specialized, etc. If all brands had the same percentage of failures, these brands would have ten times as many as the smaller brands simply because they put more bikes on the road.

Some models do have some colossal failures in design that lead to a higher rate of returns. We can bash them for that. :D

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
This is why I have a fleet of bikes. I now have 2 full suspension bikes, a soft tail SS, and a geared hardtail and they are all in working order. If all else fails I can always hijack my wife's bike.

THATmanMANNY

oh yea... definately have spare bike. $500ish towards a SS and your problems will be all set. I prefer my rigid singlespeed. Nothing ever goes wrong with it. *knock on wood*

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
i am still waiting for my replacement jamis frame....i miss not having my SS....
i once had both my XC bikes broken so i had to ride the road and i missed the trails big time!

Frank

Sasquatch
How can a person get so attached to a piece of metal with tires? I wont have the bike back for at least 3 more weeks and I just don't want to do anything. Has this ever happened to any of you or do I have a mental problem?:confused:

I think it's the freedom and the fun of riding that makes you feel like you are a part of the bike. It has happened to me and I'm sure others feel the same.

Wobbegong

I suspect that there are many of us that have at least one bike in a state of disrepair at all times.

My road bike has a flat tire.

My Ventana has a frozen bottom bracket bearing. Waiting for Chris King to arrive at Halters.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
This is why I have a fleet of bikes. I now have 2 full suspension bikes, a soft tail SS, and a geared hardtail and they are all in working order. If all else fails I can always hijack my wife's bike.

Amen to that -- a fleet of bikes. :)

Be grateful it's a Cannondale... GREAT warranty service.... I busted my swingarm, brought it in to my LBS, and 9-days later, good as new, NEVER saw a bill... THAT is what I call great service...

But that said, my belief is that swingarms on FS bikes bear the most stress and are prone to busting... I've busted 2... I only ride steel hardtails now and so far so good... maybe it's cuz I'm just a wimp...

BB

lou_b_83

I could not take it. After work yesterday I went to Campmor and played around on a Kona Coilair and then I went to Cycle Craft and played with a Moto. I helped a little but now I want a new bike. I don't think that I will ever win:(

Happy snow day:D

Top Bottom