Is this reasonable tech? RV/Cush connector

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I am cool with a challenge but this has been built up in my mind to some sort of mythical land of punishment and penance.
It’s a punishing place but the views from the Ridge are great. Almost makes the hike up worth it. I said to myself most of the ride that I would never go back but after getting to the top of Puke Hill(yes - puke hill), the ride back down was OK. I may go back to RV again but is somewhat of a drive for me. Many other places I would like to explore in the interim.

jklett

I am cool with a challenge but this has been built up in my mind to some sort of mythical land of punishment and penance.
The climbing is a lot and I hike a bike more than I like(although I am getting a little further up each time). It really is a beautiful place and well worth checking out. It's only punishment if you see it as such.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
OK - who is going up there tomorrow morning? i need to be out of there by 11:30, so 10:00 start out of cush?

will bring gopro, if i can remember how to use it. you all should get a good chuckle out of that.

will be this loop.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2342364481

w_b

If you think it is unreasonable then go ride somewhere else. The trails are dumb enough already, they don't need additional help in this regard.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
If you think it is unreasonable then go ride somewhere else. The trails are dumb enough already, they don't need additional help in this regard.

Did @gingertooth tell you to type this? :D

PS - i (meaning @Norm and I) get to decide where the trail goes or doesn't go -
So there is this, "hey, we've turned you inside-out climbing up this mountain, how about we throw 100yards of climbing rocks/babyheads
at you now...."

I like it, it hasn't been sanitized with any fill-in, it is tougher than that section at the sourlands above the rock pile because of length and grade.
(and i gladly get 3 rocks into that and walk) - I'm just wondering if a B-line or bail-out would attract more customers.

There are plenty of alternate lines at wildcat - nobody complains about them. do the 3' step-up or not, roll-off the whaleback, or not...
or fall off it in my case.

i've got the camera ready - heading over in a bit. I won't be able to post it until late tonight tho -
new job today - announcer at a high school track meet. should be interesting....

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Have you been to RV before?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes. Many times I ride somewhere else.

Ok just curious, because most people who actually go there generally say things like, "For the love of god make these trails better."

Thanks for playing.

Reactions: w_b

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How many times have you ridden RV in the last, IDK, 2 years?

Zero times. I've been there like 6-8 times lifetime. I used to go there a few times in early spring after the thaw, because I thought they were the only trails that drain well.

I personally don't think RV is that bad, and I don't mind the climbing. The trails are a little boring and get pretty overgrown, but the main reason I don't go there is because it's too far. Wawayanda is awesome, and I never go there because it's like 40 minutes away. RV is basically the same distance.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Ok just curious, because most people who actually go there generally say things like, "For the love of god make these trails better."

Thanks for playing.
I have never been to round valley but the reviews are either it is great or it sucks, doesn’t seem to be much in between. Maybe I’ll check it out in the next two months when it is light at 5.

one piece crank

I haven't been to RV in many, many years, but I would like to go try it out again. Never been to the Cushetunk side. I have fond memories of riding out-n-back from the boat launch, on a rigid 26'er.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have never been to round valley but the reviews are either it is great or it sucks, doesn’t seem to be much in between. Maybe I’ll check it out in the next two months when it is light at 5.

Name 1 person who thinks it is great?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions