Is this reasonable tech? RV/Cush connector

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Back in the day I did go here just to go here. Zero times last two years but I can’t remember the last time either. Pretty much go here when there is not other option and for the peaceful scenery. I actually enjoy the mind numbing pain and not much to think trails to take just keep pedaling and the downhills are fun. I prefer starting boat launch when not during the summer time. It gives it variety but i’ve been told you’re not suppose to mtb on that part. Out and back as little or much as you want. If I lived closer I would ride more. I ran into a guy there one time and he rides RV like 4 times a week ?. He was also mainly a roadie looking for the hurting.

the last couple years, the water level has been down, so riding the shore-line was a fun alternative from the boat launch area.
keeps ya off the hiking only trails.
It is also fun to make that little tech section on the boat-launch side of the fence. when the gate is locked (or just because)

benefit of riding from there is the warm-up. no significant climb until the base of the south dam, but once there, it is all uphill, until it isn't.

I'll give up the switchbacks under the powerlines to get in the red trail, on the far side of the pavillion.....cush->pavillion, or cush to the top-o-puke
rather than the other way. Now with the connector trail back into cush, and the tech up there (which i think you'd like), it is more funner

Patrick

Staff member
So this is a 45+ min drive for me plus traffic, is it worth going here?

no - unless you can coordinate with something else. or the whole east coast is under water (except hartshorne cause everest-like)

if you like to climb up stuff, then bomb down, sure. then you can make a few hours out of it.
cush to south lot and back.

shorten it to the 4.4 mile mark of this one, and return to avoid the lowest spot in the park
https://www.strava.com/activities/2270408980

cleaning the switchback climb from the dam (i didn't do it on that ride) is a challenge,
but not impossible.
https://www.strava.com/segments/13634774

also can go all the way around.
https://www.strava.com/activities/1073610378

gotta get there at least once tho..

w_b

Ok just curious, because most people who actually go there generally say things like, "For the love of god make these trails better."

Thanks for playing.

ok yes I like to play, if we are talking "better", does this definition include a " go-around " for subject section? if it is artfully crafted, and does not detract from the original "unreasonable", I may change my response. But most go-arounds are shit.

those gockers that cut out 7" logs to make it flow need to consider that they may not be the only ones in the forest, and flow can be had up and over.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok yes I like to play, if we are talking "better", does this definition include a " go-around " for subject section? if it is artfully crafted, and does not detract from the original "unreasonable", I may change my response. But most go-arounds are shit.

No. That trail is not ridden enough to warrant a go-around. I have never ridden it, in fact.

Time would be better spent finishing up fixing the switchbacks that still need a few reroutes, or maybe making a few turns in some of the straight shots downhill.

Reactions: w_b

Patrick

Staff member
OK - here is a the section of the ridge in Cush, blazed red, labeled white on the map (i'll check for an updated map)
it is not the tech i'm talking about in this thread.

a little comedy to start your day. and just a tease of why I Love This Section!

the tree trunk has to go....sorry, it is just at the wrong place.

Patrick

Staff member
Now I want to go there and check this out.

Promo videos work so well..

i'm thinking the rigid fatbike isn't the best platform for shooting video.
this is my iphone on the handlebar - and i have a gopro chest mount too.
will see if i get around to it today.

Patrick

Staff member
Hey @Kirt - did you ride the cush connector the other day on your way back?

thegock

those gockers that cut out 7" logs to make it flow need to consider that they may not be the only ones in the forest, and flow can be had up and over.

@w_b
IMG_20190425_132100-01.jpeg

I heard that. And, don't forget, I've ridden with you a couple of times...

FitmanNJ

OK - here is a the section of the ridge in Cush, blazed red, labeled white on the map (i'll check for an updated map)
it is not the tech i'm talking about in this thread.

a little comedy to start your day. and just a tease of why I Love This Section!

the tree trunk has to go....sorry, it is just at the wrong place.

As a lover of the outdoors, I really appreciate the close-up of the vegetation (moss?) up there on the ridge!:)

On a serious note, that doesn't look at all familiar to me, so don't think I've ridden that particular stretch of trail...

Patrick

Staff member
As a lover of the outdoors, I really appreciate the close-up of the vegetation (moss?) up there on the ridge!:)

On a serious note, that doesn't look at all familiar to me, so don't think I've ridden that particular stretch of trail...

i'm impressed with the quick focus of the phone on that too!

i'll put up a video with that red blaze you posted a few pages back.
the log is new, which is messing with ya.

FitmanNJ

i'm impressed with the quick focus of the phone on that too!

i'll put up a video with that red blaze you posted a few pages back.
the log is new, which is messing with ya.
If the log is new, then yes, that could be throwing me off (mentally and physically)...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions