Is this a Salsa Kingpin 15x150 fork? Yes it was but it didn't matter because it was !!!SOLD!!!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Fat Bike Trader!! My friend Nan has one for sale. The listing is for a guy looking for a fork.

serviceguy

Fat Bike Trader!! My friend Nan has one for sale. The listing is for a guy looking for a fork.
Oh snap! I just realized I can't messenger her, I can only follow her account. Hopefully she'll see my post on the other guy add and get back to me...somehow I can see this thread will keep rolling for a while though...

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
She texted me her number, we’re in business…I think. I was just a little surprised that she would text her phone number to a stranger just like that. Sounds like nice people. Finger crossed.
You got vouched by Vreeland, I guess this means something. You know a friend of a friend.

Steve Vai

She texted me her number, we’re in business…I think. I was just a little surprised that she would text her phone number to a stranger just like that. Sounds like nice people. Finger crossed.

She's from Idaho. They're cut way different than we are. I raced Fat Pursuit with her and her husband Mike. She was a volunteer the rest of the years. Legit good people.

serviceguy

She's from Idaho. They're cut way different than we are. I raced Fat Pursuit with her and her husband Mike. She was a volunteer the rest of the years. Legit good people.
I’ve met a lot of really good people here in NJ, mostly through this website, but honestly if I had a job lined up over there I would gladly move to one of those states.

Steve Vai

I always feel that way until you want to drive to an REI or something and it's 6 hours away 🤣

serviceguy

I always feel that way until you want to drive to an REI or something and it's 6 hours away 🤣
To be honest do you really need to drive to REI for anything? If so, what better excuse for a little adventure...BTW, I just paid for the fork, thanks for hint. It was a little more than I originally wanted to pay for but it was starting to be painful for no reason at all whatsoever, had to have it. Goes in the rest of the Salsa forks collection!

On a side note, I'm going to be building a set of 27.5" x 80mm fat bike wheels soon, peasant edition (Hope Fatsno + Muletfut 80) and will be updating the 26" with DT Swiss Big Ride hubs soon after I get those installed on the Mukluk. Again, for no reason at all whatsoever, just helps me cope with life.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
They gonna make a movie about this search/transaction

@seanrunnette will narrate it

What if it gets lost in the UPS/FedEx/USPS stratosphere? Has a sequel written all over it

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What if it gets lost in the UPS/FedEx/USPS stratosphere? Has a sequel written all over it

Dog ate my fork?

I also feel there is a chance to teach combinatorics here.
GIven 5 frames, 8 wheel sets, and 7 forks, how many different bikes can I build?
Assume wheelsets must be applied to same bike at any time for OCD reasons.

;)

Steve Vai

Dog ate my fork?

GIven 5 frames, 8 wheel sets, and 7 forks, how many different bikes can I build?

;)

The correct answer is...5.

serviceguy

You guys need to let me know when somehow manage to spitball my threads into something...

They gonna make a movie about this search/transaction

@seanrunnette will narrate it

I don't think the story has enough depth just yet, I was hoping for a chance at a spin-off when a cheap all-in-one-shot hydraulic brake hose cutter I bought ended up in Los Angeles after being shipped to me from somewhere in the NYC area mid December, but that died as well this morning when they offered for a free second unit (I see a blip of life in arguing that the second is not free since I paid for the first one that never showed up, but gave up after re-reading the message started 'Dear Customer, we're glad to serve you...'), offer that I accepted.

Dog ate my fork?

;)
combinatorics? I will need a pie chart for that...

The correct answer is...5.

bringing the logic
I guess it's hard to build a bike without a frame so there's the logic. Also if @jimvreeland says that it must be true , you could with that argue but you would be wrong.

Top Bottom