is this a decent time?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i already know i'm no lance armstrong, but is 35 minutes a decent time for a 10.3 mile road ride? i'm guessing if i had a "real" road bike i could shave a couple minutes, but how is it for a 1993 trek 970 on semi-slicks? i'm just curious where that puts me. thoughts?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i ride the hills as much as possible...i know it's the only way to get stronger. i'm out in roxbury township and my 20 & 30 mile loops are pretty much all up 'n down though randolph, chester and mendham. i've been able to hold that pace though both 20 and 30 (my 20 mile times average 1:10:00 and my 30 miler was 1:50:00).

i have to say, getting a ipod shuffle has been great for my rides. it sorta takes my mind off the hills.

kevindef

Mountain Bike Average Time?

I have always wondered what would be considered a decent time on a Mountain bike. I almost always ride alone and am pretty consistent in covering 25 miles in 3 hours. If I feel like I just want to cruise easily the same 25 miles may take 3.5 hours. Are those times OK? I usually ride Lewis Morris, all the trails and then when done turn around and do it in reverse. Go across the street and do just about all of Patriots Path. I am pretty consistent with 25 miles, but I have done up to 38. Then it is about 4 hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom