Is there a trail at Pyramid Mountain/Boonton?

D

DANSPANK

I went for a hike today around Pyramid Mountain, near Boonton. Unfortunately I know those trials aren't for us knobby riders but as I came out of the car park I noticed a bike sign on some trails over the road, opposite the Visitor centre.

Unfortunately I couldn't stop but when I got home I had a look at my map and saw that the trails likely circled Turkey Mountain.

Does anyone know if we can ride these trails?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
there are lots, but none that are i know of that are "legally" rideable. i'm not 100% sure about the turkey mountain side...which used to belong to my grandfather.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mergs said:
Afraid its hiking only:

http://www.morrisparks.net/parks/pyrmtnmain.htm

Pretty cool about your grandfather... did he donate the land to Morris County?

no, he had to sell it off about ten years ago when he got sick. it paid the medical bills and left my grandma with enough money for the rest of her life. it may have paid for a semester of my college as well. now all the land that he had up there (just about 100 acres) is accessed by masar road. i was up there playing with snowmobiles my entire kid life. it was great. at one point we could go from there to new york state on the sleds only crossing a couple of roads.

Top Bottom