Is there a HR monitor watch?

Mahnken

I don't think the wrist based HRM's are accurate at all during exercise. I have a fenix 3hr and the numbers that gives me are way off from what the chest strap gives me.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wahoo makes an arm one. Not cheap though.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Do you not want to use a chest strap, or you don't have one. I have one that I can give you if you want it.

gpTron

Fitbit Charge. When I was in the hospital 2 years ago hooked up to heart monitor for 24 hours I got to confirm it's pretty damn accurate....

edit - oh you asked if it can be hooked up to a Garmin. That I have no idea.

goldsbar

I find the wrist-based watches are accurate for running as long as you wear the watch a couple of inches closer to your elbow than a normal watch. Never really tried for cycling, but the theory is the bend in your wrist can mess up the watch accuracy. Chest straps are cheap and easy.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Is the chest strap comfortable for a fat guy?
With the fat folding... thinking its not?

goldsbar

Is the chest strap comfortable for a fat guy?
With the fat folding... thinking its not?

You can find out for $33 on Amazon. Look up the CooSpo strap (hey, I didn't make up the name). I can verify it works, has Bluetooth, ANT+ and the battery is replaceable.

rosceaux

Most of the Garmin watches will pick up their speed/cadence. I used an Edge head unit, but sometimes I just go out with my watch. I do use a chest HR monitor for accuracy for both running and riding.

I have an older unit if you wanted to try/buy.

iman29

I would agree in general the wrist HR monitors are not always as accurate as a chest strap. that being said, when I first started cycling it was the first time I used a chest strap with my garmin edge device for HR stats. about 2 years ago I decided i wanted to keep track of my HR for all my activities off the bike.

My son's old FitBit Blaze fits the bill perfect since it tracks HR, steps, sleep and can record certain activities like walk, run, bike, workouts which you sync to Fitbit app and then it syncs to my Strava. This older one requires the bluetooth connection to work via your phone first before it will record the GPS tracking.

the newest Fitbit devices look way better and I am deciding which one I want for my xmas gift because the only thing missing from this one for me is that its not waterproof (ask me how i know when I jumped in the pool with it on).

check out the latest Fitbit devices they have more features, sensors etc.. and i have found in general my HR compared to my garmin is pretty accurate when I ride the bike.

Top Bottom