Is strava going from suck to blow?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The maintenance thing is rather annoying. There's suspension maintenance based entirely on hours, so please tell me how many miles I have on my MTB, I don't care about miles as much.

Thinking about this more, yes the removed features is what bothers me. Not the fact that I no longer have access to them, but as a poor business decision. Any new user won't see what those features are, so they won't care about them. We all know about the leaderboards, but if none of us upgrade to Summit or whatever for the next 6 months, we'll forget about that and not care to pay to upgrade.

They updated the routing features. That's great, but I have no way of testing them to try them out. So either I can use the free RidewithGPS or whatever (which I do now) or pay to try out the Strava one, which may be better. Or maybe not.

I don't know what they have or not tried, but their advertising seems to be minimal. I don't scroll through the feed and see as many ads as say Instagram has. There's plenty of advertisement tie ins to get badges tied to companies but obviously those aren't buying business jets.

My basic point is that while I agree Strava needs to make money, and they do provide services, they don't do a good job of pointing out WHY you should really pay to have features that aren't on the basic plan.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Is there an easy way to pull all my data from strava and dump them into GC?
Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 3.57.53 PM.png

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
i used to use mapmyride. Maybe i'll go back if the leaderboard/competition stuff was the only real difference of strava and now that's gone from the free version.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe @Patrick can make us an MTBNJ plug-in to upload rides and have a free leaderboard, then we can charge everyone outside of NY/NJ $4 a month.

thegock

I'm not really sure what 180 people are doing, cause it looks like a 10 person project to me.
perhaps it is 10 people coding, 50 lawyers, 50 accountants, 50 sales people, and some investors?

The usual ratio is about five to eleven accountants for every scum sucking, I mean highly educated and effective, lawyer.

Fire Lord Jim

I always thought Strava packed too much into the free version, and had not held back enough extra to convince us to get the paid version.
I also thought that Strava is the rare app I would actually miss if it went away. I will view this as now having to pay for what I was willing to pay for in the past. I got a freebie, just not forever.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
After being a Strava member since 2012, it looks like I am no longer part of the leaderboard (yes, I am a subscriber, I've triple checked). I've reached out to the Strava help desk but I'm sure it will be weeks to hear back as why I'm no longer part of it. I guess that game was fun while it lasted. Whats the next new game?

Top Bottom