Is strava going from suck to blow?

Here to reiterate dropping strava. Way too many issues with them. Cancelled their service last year. Using RwGPS now to track everything.

im still here for the ride names. it kind of sucks that they opted out everyone of that privacy thing. i get why they did it, but if i wanna stalk someone who i raced against and see how fast they dropped me/how much time i lost on them, you cant unless you message them to turn it back on... which kinda makes me feel like a loser

I am all in for the ease of route creation sending to my gps. Worth the yearly cost like 10x over.
how is it easier than ridewithgps though? you cant drop the little google guy on it
oh and its free

how is it easier than ridewithgps though? you cant drop the little google guy on it
oh and its free

I can decide to ride some park at 9 am
Find a route of any length
Say 50 miles with 150 turns
One click create route
Save
Turn on my gps at 9:02 and it’s there

I’ve done this like 7 times already this year and it’s not even summer yet.

A guy that rides my local just did it on an ebike and I noticed he didn’t show any segments.

Just noticed strava added an ebike category that is matched separately on segments.
Nice to know there's an e-bike activity type.

I always thought it wood be nice if Strava didn't include results for riders in a peloton vs. single riders. Doesn't seem fair to compare those riding a pace line vs. single riders.

Nice to know there's an e-bike activity type.

I always thought it wood be nice if Strava didn't include results for riders in a peloton vs. single riders. Doesn't seem fair to compare those riding a pace line vs. single riders.
Yeah, I agree. With the latest privacy settings, the group ride thing has become weird as it doesn’t always match people to rides. Many of the road segments in my area are killed by group rides.

I went to log in and now Strava insists on knowing my birthday? I know, put in a fake one, but still odd.
1630066474600.png

1630066935500.png

1630066953181.png

1630066980347.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom