Is strava going from suck to blow?

This was something they stole from relive.com
Relive added your photos, highest point, top speed, and ????
It is free to attach relive to your Strava account, or maybe Garmin account?
THe paid version lets you save generate a movie (or something similar - forgetting the details)

The relive "movies" (or whatever they're called) were pretty good. Very cool representation. I think they had a partnership at 1 point, because I have an account. I think maybe @MadisonDan socialized this back in the day.

a homie said they have best estimated efforts for premium users, now you can compare power numbers to each other

This was something they stole from relive.com
Relive added your photos, highest point, top speed, and ????
It is free to attach relive to your Strava account, or maybe Garmin account?
THe paid version lets you save generate a movie (or something similar - forgetting the details)
yes I was part of the Relive thing too they did a much better job highlighting certain parts of the ride - not sure if that is even active anymore I know I have a free account too but its been a while.

Even something as simple as the town name as one of the parameters to sort/search by would make this way easier
back in the earlier days of strava the default name was something like that i.e. Flanders, NJ Ride but this created some privacy/security issues for stalkers or criminals to monitor your activities when youre not home and/or easily identify your location to plan something.

Thats when the default names Morning, Lunch, Afternoon, Evening Ride came from.

The relive "movies" (or whatever they're called) were pretty good. Very cool representation. I think they had a partnership at 1 point, because I have an account. I think maybe @MadisonDan socialized this back in the day.
Relive is cool for posting to IG things like all day rides at Kingdom Trails and such.

back in the earlier days of strava the default name was something like that i.e. Flanders, NJ Ride but this created some privacy/security issues for stalkers or criminals to monitor your activities when youre not home and/or easily identify your location to plan something.

Thats when the default names Morning, Lunch, Afternoon, Evening Ride came from.

I get it. This is also proving (what I already knew) is that Strava can easily store this as an attribute only visible/searchable to the ride owner.

I tried to downgrade from paid to free, but I can't find that option.
All i see is to be billed monthly or yearly. Is there a trick?

veloviewer is my go-to search:activities
can use visual or text or sort.
cheap enough.
The topo replay comes from Strava acquiring FatMap. It is a cool way to preride a route like before a vacation to see contours and hills. I’ve used it on the standalone site to plan stuff. It’s free with your Strava login.

Recently I realized I accidentally destroyed the IPad that my garmin uploads too. This means no more Strava uploads for a month or so.

Upon replacing the iPad I realized I would need to download both Garmin and Strava to make it work. That made my head hurt.

Maybe I am loosing it but it seems like these are two bosses I can fire.

im pretty sure my wifes workouts sync to strava without strava being installed on her phone, garmin does it on the backend for you once its all setup.

unless you were trying to avoid installing garmin, in that case i can recommend the wifi configuration referenced above, then it will sync every time you charge the garmin at home

Back
Top Bottom