Is my math correct?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Math is not my strong point.
My bike computer calculates my miles off a magnetic sensor on the wheel that was set up by the factory. Trek.
My Tomtom watch calculates my miles from satellite reception. I believe the bike would be more accurate.
My bike say I rode 13 miles, while Tomtom says it's 12. Calculating the difference would be 1.08% says google.
That would mean my 2018 Tomtom mileage which was 3729, was really 4027. Or am I wrong?
Yes, you are wrong. The wheel magnet is more accurate, assuming you don’t lift your rear wheel off the ground and just let it spin. When you set up your sensor, it can enter a roll out distance, typically in mm. So it is a relatively accurate way to Measure distance.

The Tom Tom is solely using GPS, which is affected by collection rate, atmospheric conditions, precipitation, geography and canopy. All these can affect your position. Some days iT will be spot on, others, not so much. So to try and calculate a comparison out is useless

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I calculated 4039.

No I didn't. I just copied what the first guy said. I have no idea what's going on hear.

Top Bottom